Beyond zsnes v1.50

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

obscuredreamer

Beyond zsnes v1.50

Post by obscuredreamer »

First off i want to thank whomever is responsible for continuing to improve on this awesome emulator. Adding 1080p resolution with version 1.50 is totally freakin awesome, a step ahead of all other emulators. The last frontier i can see for an improvement isn't absolutely necessary but is the only feature i can think of, that being adding support for hq4x. Like i said its not really necessry but a pretty cool addition nonetheless. Well thank you all for your great work, i look foward to the next/last? version of zsnes.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

HQ4x is already available... so long as the chosen resolution meets or exceeds the needed resolution to use HQ4x.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
obscuredreamer

Awesome!

Post by obscuredreamer »

Well, I'm left speechless...zsnes is the greatest emulator out there...I can't wait to get my 1080p tv. I've already got a program called powerstrip to customize my pc's resolution, man is that gonna look sweet.

Well thank you for pointing that out franpa! I guess that means this might be the last release of zsnes right? If not the only thing i can see improved is to fix certain compatibility issues which ive only heard of and not seen for myself. Laters!
jsnake
Rookie

Re: Awesome!

Post by jsnake »

obscuredreamer wrote:Well, I'm left speechless...zsnes is the greatest emulator out there...I can't wait to get my 1080p tv. I've already got a program called powerstrip to customize my pc's resolution, man is that gonna look sweet.

Well thank you for pointing that out franpa! I guess that means this might be the last release of zsnes right? If not the only thing i can see improved is to fix certain compatibility issues which ive only heard of and not seen for myself. Laters!
Gods, no. ZSNES has a long time to go before it's 'perfect'. Fixing things without breaking other things is not easy, and the ZSNES dev team has been struggling with that.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

obscuredreamer wrote:Well, I'm left speechless...zsnes is the greatest emulator out there...I can't wait to get my 1080p tv. I've already got a program called powerstrip to customize my pc's resolution, man is that gonna look sweet.
Yet, we have custom resolutions, but "ok".
That's so shortsighted, that's not even funny.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

jsnake wrote:

Gods, no. ZSNES has a long time to go before it's 'perfect'. Fixing things without breaking other things is not easy, and the ZSNES dev team has been struggling with that.
That isn't exactly ZSNES's fault, as it is the nature of emulation.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Heck, it's in the nature of all software.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
jsnake
Rookie

Post by jsnake »

Deathlike2 wrote:
jsnake wrote:

That isn't exactly ZSNES's fault, as it is the nature of emulation.
I wasn't trying to make it out to be like that. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding. D:
kick
Trooper

Post by kick »

Any plans of adding HQ5x and HQ6x in the future?
(useful for hi-res displays above 1600x1200)
Or HQxXS (with sprite smoothing)
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

kick wrote:Any plans of adding HQ5x and HQ6x in the future?
(useful for hi-res displays above 1600x1200)
It hasn't been written, so no.
Or HQxXS (with sprite smoothing)
I think someone else modified the base HQx, but I dunno who's responsible for that.
kick
Trooper

Post by kick »

It was Nitsuja and his VBA Rerecording build (HQ2xS / HQ3xS filters)
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Only HQ2/3xS? Bleh. I'm not even sure the license is compatible, but the worse part it is probably the C/C++ version and not in the ideal ASM version that ZSNES uses.