Atomiswave.

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

Blasingame
Hazed

Atomiswave.

Post by Blasingame »

I've searched the web high and low, but have been unable to turn up any projects about it. I was wondering if anyone has heard of any communities attempting to emulate this piece of hardware. I've read randome threads on 1Emulation that emulators of this are a hoax and to be warry of downloads. Just seeing if anyone knew anything, seems very interesting that its based off the dreamcast hardware.
Snark
Trooper

Post by Snark »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomiswave

I wouldn't seriously expect any (good) emulation of this system for at least a decade, maybe more. Might as well buy the homeports or the arcade board itself.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Snark wrote:I wouldn't seriously expect any (good) emulation of this system for at least a decade, maybe more. Might as well buy the homeports or the arcade board itself.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
clessoulis
Regular

Post by clessoulis »

Its already emulated.

No one really gives a damn is the problem. You'd have to dump the bios to emulate it. Chankast is a good DC emulator and It can do Naomi emulation if the encrytion key was broke. Atomiswave is just another DC.

I love my atomiswave though it owns :P
Snark
Trooper

Post by Snark »

clessoulis wrote:Its already emulated.

No one really gives a damn is the problem. You'd have to dump the bios to emulate it. Chankast is a good DC emulator and It can do Naomi emulation if the encrytion key was broke. Atomiswave is just another DC.
I'm not so sure that Atomiswave is that much similar to the Dreamcast. Secondly, since Chankast' source aren't available it's hard to say just how well it emulate the Dreamcast, but my guess is: Not that faithfully.

Even so I'll take back what I said if the Naomi or Atomiswave were emulated (even not perfectly) in Chankast...
Demios
"Flametongue"

Post by Demios »

I don't see any atomiswave games worth playing, maybe metal slug 6... but I'll be owning that with the collection, so none.
[img]http://demios.whattheboat.com/userbar/random.jpeg[/img]
clessoulis
Regular

Post by clessoulis »

Snark wrote:
clessoulis wrote:Its already emulated.

I'm not so sure that Atomiswave is that much similar to the Dreamcast. Secondly, since Chankast' source aren't available it's hard to say just how well it emulate the Dreamcast, but my guess is: Not that faithfully.

Even so I'll take back what I said if the Naomi or Atomiswave were emulated (even not perfectly) in Chankast...
Naomi has the same hardware as DC but with more ram. Atomiswave is 100% the same hardware but uses encryted carts instead of gd roms.
No one but emu authors care about how accurate the emulation is anyways. As long as it play"incert game I wanna pirate here" then thats all that matters. Rename naomi bios to the dc bios and it will boot naomi. Same as atomiswave.
Snark
Trooper

Post by Snark »

clessoulis wrote: No one but emu authors care about how accurate the emulation is anyways.
Maybe not the kind of crowd that want to play the latest Metal Slug or King of Fighters instead of buying the port at 30$ on ebay...

But actually, if you're talking about dead systems (consoles, computer or arcades) yes, many people DO care. Just ask the people who knows the arcade version of Bubble Bobble by heart... Even M.a.m.e didn't emulated it perfectly until recently.In the past I've read the monsters behaviors was imperfect, people that knows the game well notice that stuff actually.

On the other hand, the more advanced a system is, the more leaway you have in terms of just how closely you have to emulate it. For example Atari 2600 emulators needs to be almost perfect to play the games correctly. Xbox360 games probably wouldn't care if your emulation is off by 500mhz and you're not emulating half the capabilities of the gfx card. Well you get the idea.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Snark wrote:
clessoulis wrote: No one but emu authors care about how accurate the emulation is anyways.
Maybe not the kind of crowd that want to play the latest Metal Slug or King of Fighters instead of buying the port at 30$ on ebay...

But actually, if you're talking about dead systems (consoles, computer or arcades) yes, many people DO care. Just ask the people who knows the arcade version of Bubble Bobble by heart... Even M.a.m.e didn't emulated it perfectly until recently.In the past I've read the monsters behaviors was imperfect, people that knows the game well notice that stuff actually.

On the other hand, the more advanced a system is, the more leaway you have in terms of just how closely you have to emulate it. For example Atari 2600 emulators needs to be almost perfect to play the games correctly. Xbox360 games probably wouldn't care if your emulation is off by 500mhz and you're not emulating half the capabilities of the gfx card. Well you get the idea.
I pretty much concur actually. Some people do notice game behavior to the minute details. To say emu authors are the only ones sensitive is to not understand how some people are. Some people do give a crap between the differences of the same game on different consoles. It is not a coincidence they they complain about why their favorite game doesn't quite work as it should.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

precisely. I do not write emulators, and I'm totally anal about that kind of stuff, of course I'll take what I can get.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]