SVN Sound Core Replacement

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Skiessi
Rookie

Post by Skiessi »

Deathlike2 wrote:SVN sound output is being held up because pagefault needs to be able to debug the stuff.. however, the old debugger is not hooked in with the new SPC stuff...

So instead of trying to fix the debugger to handle the SPC stuff.. the debugger is being rewritten with/in/for (?) QT.
Does it explain why I haven't got ZSNES running with Gnome lately, only KDE?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Skiessi wrote:Does it explain why I haven't got ZSNES running with Gnome lately, only KDE?
It doesn't.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by pagefault »

NO one should be releasing zsnes SVN right now.
Watering ur plants.
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

I listened to that mp3 sample on the 1st page, and all I can say about the new SPU core is.....holy crap. You guys are amazing!
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
Hylian

Post by Hylian »

Yo, On ya'lls next update, do you think you could post some of the fixed Super Mario RPG or Earthworm Jim 2 sounds? Just askin'. If not its kewl. Keep up the great work!!!
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Like, perhaps some Square Enix sounds examples...?
Hylian

Post by Hylian »

Well yeah I know chrono is square. But Id just for fun like to hear some of the Mario RPG sounds... It wouldbring me glee to know that its comming soon. But i know ya'll are busy, so its if ya get the spare time.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Please stop with the term "Square SPC Rape". That's fiction and anyone who mentions it will be ripped to shreds.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Okay...Sorry!
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

Square SPC Rape :P

as cool as the improved core is, I'll be happy just to be able to run 2.0 and have more regular updates.

keep it real and keep it solid.

thanks for all the hard work.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Deathlike2 wrote:Please stop with the term "Square SPC Rape". That's fiction and anyone who mentions it will be ripped to shreds.
Please elaborate. I thought it was appropriate, what with sticking things where they're not wanted...
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

creaothceann wrote:
Deathlike2 wrote:Please stop with the term "Square SPC Rape". That's fiction and anyone who mentions it will be ripped to shreds.
Please elaborate. I thought it was appropriate, what with sticking things where they're not wanted...
Search the board. Simply put, it has more to do with Square games "seemingly" have more sound problems than others, but it really isn't a "Squaresoft specific thing".
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
LiquidAcid
Rookie

Post by LiquidAcid »

Short question: is sound supposed to "work" with a current SVN snapshot?
By "work" I mean there is data transferred to the audio API.

I got SVN revision 5176 and compiled it just for fun, but it doesn't seem to output anything audio-like. Tested with both libao support compiled in (and not compiled in) and different audio backends.

I'm not requesting any support here, I'm just curious.
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by pagefault »

No sound support right now.
Watering ur plants.
LiquidAcid
Rookie

Post by LiquidAcid »

Thanks pagefault!
chris27wjoyner

SVN is changing, but I want to post a possible bug...

Post by chris27wjoyner »

Maybe this information could help with the up coming core.

I know the bug in Uncharted Waters 2 is known, about the bad sound error when it displays text. I believe it is an over read error, where zsnes or the roms programming, is reading past where it should sometimes. It sound like it is actually playing beyond its sound data range. It sounds like it is playing both the one sound, and some sounds that are behind it. It does not do it all the time, so I think it could be a error with zsnes, like a timing error.

From listening to it, it is both the end of window message text, and the cancel sound. Because it does not do it all the time, I am guessing it is a timing error?

From hacking this rom, I have found out they use things like the NULL or 00 code for text strings. Maybe there is a code they are using on the sound files that works like NULL terminated strings.
http://www.demonbuster.com/

http://chris27wjoyner.blackapplehost.com/Mouse_Emulated/
Mouse Emulated Mouse Emulator.
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Re: SVN Sound Core Replacement

Post by pagefault »

This space will have some info soon.
Watering ur plants.