2nd Controller problem with netplay

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

plimptm

2nd Controller problem with netplay

Post by plimptm »

I set up netplay with another computer and got connected fine with the game loaded, but the 'second controller' wasn't working for the other computer.

Just to clarify, this is one controller per machine, the server host being controller 1, and the other as controller 2.

The issue is that only 2 or 3 of the assigned keys on the keyboard work. No matter what keys the buttons are set two, only a couple of the cooresponding SNES buttons function. The first player controls work fine, but on the second player computer we encountered this strange issue.

I couldn't find anything similar on the forum, so if anyone has an idea or speculation as to why this would be happening, I would really appreciate it! Thanks.
smkdan
Hazed

Post by smkdan »

From what I can gather, this sounds like the simultaneous keyboard press limit as in the limit of keys you can press at any given time. 2 or 3 is just around the limit.
plimptm

Post by plimptm »

That's definitly not the problem, only 2 or three buttons work at all. The other buttons dont seem to work even when pushed independently. Thanks though.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Hmmm.. does this happen in all games or a specific game?
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
plimptm

Post by plimptm »

Well I've only tried it with Donkey Kong Country 2. When using one PC, splitting the 2 sets of controls on one keyboard, it works fine. But with netplay it wouldnt.
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

An older version of ZSNES has this problem when launched with netplay parameters from the command line or from a front-end utility such as zbattle.net

I believe it was ZSNES v1.337, v1.35, or v1.36

[edited]
Last edited by Ichinisan on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Need a new sig...
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

since when is there a 1.37 of ZSNES?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I believe he is thinking 1.337.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

Deathlike2 wrote:I believe he is thinking 1.337.
You are correct, Sir.
Need a new sig...