[BUG] Mega Man X (U) (V1.0) [!] Chill Penguin Reset Glitch

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

FinalMinuet

[BUG] Mega Man X (U) (V1.0) [!] Chill Penguin Reset Glitch

Post by FinalMinuet »

ZSNES Version: Windows, 1.51 (01/24/07)
ROM: Mega Man X (U) (V1.0) [!]
CRC32: 1033EBA4
Checksum: Good 0x55FB

I started a new game of Mega Man X. I played through the introductory level (the highway) without any trouble. Afterwards I selected Chill Penguin's level. I picked up the Dash Boots, then proceeded to the boss room. With my X Buster fully charged (holding down the A key), I entered the room and released it when I had a clear shot. As the shot went off, the screen faded out and I was taken to the New Weapon screen that appears after you defeat a Maverick.

Afterwards I was immediately transported back to the highway level with the Shotgun Ice, but without the Dash Boots. For the duration of the level, whenever a health item would drop from an enemy, it would disappear immediately after hitting the ground. I could, however, catch them in the air. I finished the level.

I was taken back to the level select screen where Chill Penguin's stage was marked as completed, but I still did not have the Dash Boots, so I re-entered the level, got the item, then exited before reaching the boss room. Health items that enemies dropped now stayed on the ground as normal instead of disappearing.

I was able to reproduce the initial glitch in the Chill Penguin stage twice, but not when I tried it with other levels. Continued gameplay after the glitch appeared normal.

If there's any other information you need, or if there's anything I can do to help speed the troubleshooting process along, just let me know and I'll do whatever I can.
I'd love to change the world, but I don't have the source code.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

This is known. When OpenBus support is implemented the bug will go away.

Use Mega Man X version 1.1 as a solution.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
bakusama

Re: [BUG] Mega Man X (U) (V1.0) [!] Chill Penguin Reset Glit

Post by bakusama »

Im having the same problem here. I just recently bought Cartridge of Rockman X (Jap version) and i play on a ''mod'' american snes with the tabs broke. Is the Cartridge Scrap?
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: [BUG] Mega Man X (U) (V1.0) [!] Chill Penguin Reset Glit

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

bakusama wrote:Im having the same problem here. I just recently bought Cartridge of Rockman X (Jap version) and i play on a ''mod'' american snes with the tabs broke. Is the Cartridge Scrap?
Not sure why you're asking in an emulator bug thread, but... it's a coded behavior. You're tripping copy protection somehow.

Which seems odd, since a US and J SNES are electrically identical.
Do you have something in between the cart, like a Game Genie or copier?
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads