Kirby's Dream Land 3 problem

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

skirby

Kirby's Dream Land 3 problem

Post by skirby »

Hello,

I noticed a bug with the last build of ZSnes (03/29/2006)
The game freeze if you go into options or if you want to enter a level.

Here are the information about my ROM

Code: Select all

---------------------Internal ROM Info----------------------
       File: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (U).smc
       Name: KIRBY'S DREAM LAND 3   Company: Nintendo
     Header: None                      Bank: LoROM
Interleaved: No                        SRAM: 256 Kb
       Type: SA-1 + Batt                ROM: 32 Mb
  ROM Speed: 200ns (SlowROM)       Revision: 1.0
   Checksum: Good 0x247C              CRC32: EC8A48F6
--------------------------Database--------------------------
   Name: Kirby's Dream Land 3
 Port 1: Gamepad                  Port 2: Gamepad
Genre 1: Action                  Genre 2: Platform
I know it is correct because I already finished the game by the past and more I can play this game without problem with ZSNES v1.42

Thre is a similar post here http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6838 but there is no solution (and my ROM is OK)

I reproduce the problem under Windows XP sp2 and 2000 sp4
I have a P4 2.8Ghz with 1 Go RAM and an ATI 9600 pro

I hope you could reproduce and fix this problem.

Thanks and have a nice day.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

IIRC, SA-1 games don't work too well at the moment.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by pagefault »

I have a build of ZSNES that runs them perfectly but it will require a 4ghz+ PC to run it properly because of the timing needed to keep it running accurately without using speed hacks to speed up the emulation.
byuu

Post by byuu »

Holy crap O_O
4ghz+ with ZSNES??!! And that's with an opcode-based interpreter?! Ok people, this is why I'm not touching the SA-1 with a ten foot pole.
-_pentium5.1_-
Lurker

Post by -_pentium5.1_- »

Does that mean that ZSNES' SA-1 emulation will be crippled or removed altogether? Or is the reality less sinister?

EDIT 2: Removed useless question.
Last edited by -_pentium5.1_- on Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This signature intentionally contains no text other than this sentence.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

pagefault wrote:I have a build of ZSNES that runs them perfectly but it will require a 4ghz+ PC to run it properly because of the timing needed to keep it running accurately without using speed hacks to speed up the emulation.
If it's possible to make it an option, then I'd say go for it.

Playing at real-time does not always have high priority... and there's always the possibility that a game requires true emulation only for a short moment.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
-_pentium5.1_-
Lurker

Post by -_pentium5.1_- »

Well... my proposal is a "SA-1 Timing: Fast/Accurate" switch under Chip Cfg. The "Fast" setting should be about as accurate as Snes9x is right now.
This signature intentionally contains no text other than this sentence.
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by pagefault »

There isn't any way to make this an option, it's fast because it uses speed hacks and this can cause problems, if it is done properly it will be slow.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

-_pentium5.1_- wrote:Well... my proposal is a "SA-1 Timing: Fast/Accurate" switch under Chip Cfg. The "Fast" setting should be about as accurate as Snes9x is right now.
If I recall correctly.. the speed hack is what ZSNES is already using right now. To even create a successful speed hack, one must still make sure it works in all cases... and with those reports of the SA-1 related bugs (probably caused by using the speed hack), it is not a reasonable option in the first place.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
ShadowFX
Regular

Post by ShadowFX »

I truly believe SA-1 should be implemented accurately, regardless of its speed. Main goal should be to emulate the SNES as accurately and complete as possible. There will be a day when you can play those games at reasonable speed, I'm sure :)
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

EMu-LoRd wrote:I truly believe SA-1 should be implemented accurately, regardless of its speed. Main goal should be to emulate the SNES as accurately and complete as possible. There will be a day when you can play those games at reasonable speed, I'm sure :)
You mean: "the goal should be emulating the SNES and all kinds of cartridge hardware that ever was invented for this console accurately". As emulating the SNES would give you just that, emulating the console, no special chips.