Post v1.42 ZSNES WIPs

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

grinvader wrote:1776x1000 looks like a weird res. It's probably scaled on the fly, and hence filtered by your card.
I'm pretty sure hardware filtering is enforced in the non-D modes...
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
xXGogetaXx

Post by xXGogetaXx »

Wow, thanks! You guys rock!
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

pagefault wrote:Just an update, we now render 224 lines in all ports. So no more black lines at the bottom.
Wow, that's good news! :P

(Will this also affect the size of images saved via the F1 menu?)
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
juwb

Post by juwb »

I just discovered the WIPs today by pure chance. I thought nobody would be working on this project anymore, with the last news entry on the main page being over one year old already... The WIP is really great... I just tested it a little, and noticed a lot of improvements to the GUI.

Will future work on ZSNES be only released as WIPs or will there be a normal / official release anytime soon? I'm on Linux and unfortunately, most distributions won't include unofficial releases in their packet management systems.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

The news page is not worth looking at... seriously.

The ZSNES source can be obtained for compiliation by using an SVN client and downloading from https://svn.bountysource.com/zsnes/trunk

WIPs are for those that think "zget" for Windows is inferior... or for DOS users that still need that support.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
juwb

Post by juwb »

Whoops :oops: I stand corrected, thanks, great work!
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

More like WIPs are for people who don't know how to use zget. Using zget is easy, but setting up mingw takes some work. Most regular users wont bother doing it even if they had instructions.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

powerspike wrote:More like WIPs are for people who don't know how to use zget. Using zget is easy, but setting up mingw takes some work.
Right, this makes a lot of sense :roll:
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by powerspike »

Whatever, you know what I mean.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

powerspike wrote:Whatever, you know what I mean.
No, I actually don't.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by powerspike »

Lol I'm just saying that I know tons of people who couldn't get zget working properly. Most of the people who hang around the forums know enough to use it though.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

powerspike wrote:Lol I'm just saying that I know tons of people who couldn't get zget working properly. Most of the people who hang around the forums know enough to use it though.
I haven't heard from a single person yet who couldn't get zget 3 to work, so I really have no idea what you're talking about.

Post by powerspike »

Forget it. >.>
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Nach wrote:
powerspike wrote:Lol I'm just saying that I know tons of people who couldn't get zget working properly. Most of the people who hang around the forums know enough to use it though.
I haven't heard from a single person yet who couldn't get zget 3 to work, so I really have no idea what you're talking about.
I don't want to curse it, but zget 3 seems to be idiot proof.
DEFIANT
Joystick Jedi

Post by DEFIANT »

Your telling me. I downloaded this the other day and let it scan my drives, upon not finding minGW, it downloaded it for me, installed it, then it got the current source (It asked me if I should make the connection temporary or permanent, I said permanent...Hope that was right) and proceeded to ask step by step yes or no question about building my ZSNES. Folks, it really doesn't get any much easier than that. I've never compiled any program or source code, ever. This was a walk in the park. Now I have an optimized ZSNES for my AMD Athlon XP. All I can say is SWEET!

Good stuff...Thank you Nach!
Last edited by DEFIANT on Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2365/pirateuserbartv2.jpg[/img]
E=mc²
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people." -V
[url=http://sc2.sourceforge.net/]The Ur-Quan Masters[/url]
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

Oh it can download mingw? Shit! Sorry! I didn't even realize it could do that. Heh I just opened it up once and it didn't find mingw then I closed it. I wasn't on my home computer though. I have mingw all setup with msys and just use a command line based svn client.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

are you using zget v3?
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

In all honesty I don't really care about using zget. It's a good tool for people who don't know how to do it on their own or need to quickly get a working binary. I probably was using an older version of it which is why I didn't notice. Though I'm thinking I just closed it before it started downloading. At any rate I didn't explore the application enough when I posted that. Which was stupid on my part.
VietBitter
Rookie

Post by VietBitter »

What happen to Zsnes WIP's? It's been slow lately..
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Currently, there's only one piece of code that needs to be written in order for another WIP to even considered being released... it is critical to the pathing system which needed to be rehauled anyways.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

VietBitter wrote:What happen to Zsnes WIP's? It's been slow lately..
You should really try compiling the latest source code. Many changes occured in those.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Blame me for the slow updates.

Send hefty amount of cash or stable job offer to fix that.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

I don't understand why anybody who uses Windows can't just use zget, compile up a build that isn't optimized for CPU, use the UPX option, and then just post it up as a WIP.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Metatron wrote:I don't understand why anybody who uses Windows can't just use zget, compile up a build that isn't optimized for CPU, use the UPX option, and then just post it up as a WIP.
It is because when there are bugs introduced after WIPs... we don't want to have many retarded zboard posts that look like "ZOMG, ZSNES IS BROKE".
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

More precisely we introduced some working bugs in the process of fixing many others, and we know how to fix it, just some section of code needs to be finished and it's not yet, so we're holding off WIPs till thats done.