The Dumbest Animal on Earth

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

Neo Kaiser wrote:Are deers edible? Are they endangered species protected by law?
Deer are rather tasty and quite abundant. In fact, I think it's hunting season right now.

In most states, if you hit a deer with your car (and it doesn't walk away), you get to keep it if you want it.
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

AntoineWG wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:Are deers edible? Are they endangered species protected by law?
Deer are rather tasty and quite abundant. In fact, I think it's hunting season right now.

In most states, if you hit a deer with your car (and it doesn't walk away), you get to keep it if you want it.
Well and good except for two things: 1) you probably have to buy a "deer tag" which is basically another annoying tax, required especially if you want a butcher to do the dirty work. 2) It depends on the condition of the deer, considering that all meat bruised by the impact is inedible.

But yeah, it's sometimes the only consolation prize in an otherwise ugly situation.
Que
saskatchewanite

Post by Que »

badinsults wrote:
Demios wrote:
Only in Saskatchewan.

/me shakes head
Was about to type this when I saw you had posted it. ONLY IN SASKATCHEWAN is right, lmao.
everything i say is a lie
the above line is true
Bent
Lurker

Post by Bent »

I hit a deer when I was 17, about 8 years ago. Was a half mile from home after work, driving past my uncles house and I never saw it until it was on the road, didn't even have time to brake. I drove a minivan then, smashed it pretty good, but it was old, the amount of fixing it received was an off color spare door and fender and some bondo that never got painted.

It will happen again. I live in a very rural area, and the drive home from my girlfriend's is about 25 miles along a remote area of highway. I see deer all the time, looking at me as I drive past, but as was already mentioned, the animals are fucking stupid, and sooner or later one is going to bolt too late to make it. And I drive a 2004 Impala now, one that is nice enough that I am going to be pissed if it gets smashed up.
~Bent
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Last edited by creaothceann on Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

My dad was walking back from a neighbor's house earlier this week and unknowingly snuck up on one. So close were they, that when my dad and the deer jumped, my dad almost hit it with his flashlight.

Earlier this week, one was standing not 10 yards away watching us unload purchases from a car. It seems that they're oddly not frieghtened by humans this year.
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

How about you never post another ebaumsworld link again, dickhead.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

casualsax3 wrote:
How about you never post another ebaumsworld link again, dickhead.
I didn't see any hotlinking protection... :? Link fixed.

EDIT: Anyway, who cares if they steal stuff. Afaik a lot of these "fun pics" sites do. Btw. got the link from here.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

creathocean, more like those sites wish to preserve their bandwidth, so they install anti-hotlinking measures
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

It's okay to rip off ebaumsworld, it rips off everybody else anyway.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

kode54 wrote:It's okay to rip off ebaumsworld, it rips off everybody else anyway.
That's so true.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
BRPXQZME
Hazed

Post by BRPXQZME »

Demios wrote:Image
told u I was hardcore

Ah, the world-famous flat deer. One day, scientists will finally stop being so blind and classify it in the same genus as the infamous Virginia flat squirrel.