Netplay on 1.42 sometimes has differing screens

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

FarewellBeckons

Netplay on 1.42 sometimes has differing screens

Post by FarewellBeckons »

The netplay on 1.42 sometimes has differing screens for each player. ie- we'd be playing Tiny Toons and the scores would show differently for each of our screens. We'd play Ninja Turtles and it'd say that it was game over for one of us at a point, but we were still playing- just solo. I know that there are more recent versions, but is there any fix for this? Any ideas??
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

This is also known as desyncing.

Netplay was removed prior to 1.50 for this very reason.. as soon as the new core is put in place (which will be a long task to begin with), then netplay will be readded and rewritten. Until then, there is no fix.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
FarewellBeckons

Post by FarewellBeckons »

Thanks.. is there any way to lessen desyncing by configuration in 1.42?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Try different versions of ZSNES instead... 1.36, 1.42n... try UDP instead of TCP (or vice versa). There is no real "solution", sorry.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Master O
Hazed

Post by Master O »

Deathlike2 wrote:Try different versions of ZSNES instead... 1.36, 1.42n... try UDP instead of TCP (or vice versa). There is no real "solution", sorry.
1.36 is the last stable version of netplay. Use that if all else fails...
[quote="PhobosDK"]I see only
you are not serious
you'll get ignored

I think bad emulation that will be ignored...

We have choice about emulators.
Close your eyes and keep minor bugs update only.[/quote]

Fail....