Odin Sphere

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

casualsax3
Veteran

Odin Sphere

Post by casualsax3 »

Anyone have it or played it? I keep wanting to pick it up.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

I have it.
It's decent.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

It is excellent and the only game that I'm playing after having played too many mediocre RPGs. For the price is a good buy! The only bad thing is the loading time.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

I hear it's alot like Princess Minerva for the Sega saturn. What with the sidescrolling battle system and all.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Mark57Raider wrote:I hear it's alot like Princess Minerva for the Sega saturn. What with the sidescrolling battle system and all.
It is called Princess Crown who was also released on the PSP. Princess Minerva is a very obscure anime.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

And it's SUPPOSED to be like it. Odin Sphere is actually considered a Princess Crown sequel(probably why they put PC out on PSP in Japan a while back).
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

Got it, game is fucking sweet so far.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

yeah, the only thing is that it gets hard. The first few chapters I can play through on the hardest dificulty, but then later (to my shame) I am struggling even on the lowest difficulty. All in all still a great game though, good price, and just so beautiful art.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Vault Dweller
Lurker

Post by Vault Dweller »

Got it launch day. Good game, problem is it can get repetitive quick. They also give you the most bland of the characters(my opinion) right off the bat, which can be a real turn-off.
[quote="Magus'"]You are officially the first black wigger I've ever met.[/quote]
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

My issue is that I spend a minute on every stage organizing items - limited storage fucking blows.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

casualsax3 wrote:My issue is that I spend a minute on every stage organizing items - limited storage fucking blows.
If you used those small bags you are very fucked up in the game as they are permanent. That's another thing that I didn't like from Odin Sphere along with the slow loading times.
Louis Cypher
Devil Summoner

Post by Louis Cypher »

They're not permanent. You just need to empty them, then select 'em on the item sort screens and you can put 'em in another bag.
[url=http://agtp.romhack.net]Aeon Genesis ~ We eat ham and jam and spam-alot[/url]
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

recursive bags of evil
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

Louis Cypher wrote:They're not permanent. You just need to empty them, then select 'em on the item sort screens and you can put 'em in another bag.
I'm assuming you can then drop them?
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

Louis Cypher wrote:They're not permanent. You just need to empty them, then select 'em on the item sort screens and you can put 'em in another bag.
Wait what? I see that there are two bags and I know that you can move stuff between them with R2... is there something more I'm missing?
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

later in the game you can buy more bags to fit your stuff, the different bags come in different sizes and it is advantageous to get the biggest because you can only have so many bags.
Louis Cypher
Devil Summoner

Post by Louis Cypher »

Panzer88 wrote:
Or sell them. Provided they're empty they can be moved around and behave just like any other item.
[url=http://agtp.romhack.net]Aeon Genesis ~ We eat ham and jam and spam-alot[/url]
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Louis Cypher wrote:
Panzer88 wrote:
Or sell them. Provided they're empty they can be moved around and behave just like any other item.
But if you use the bags....then they are permanent? (Many days later replay. I know!)
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

it's already been said, they appear to be permanent but if you empty them then you can put them in another bag, and once you do THAT, then you can sell or drop them.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Panzer88 wrote:it's already been said, they appear to be permanent but if you empty them then you can put them in another bag, and once you do THAT, then you can sell or drop them.
I tried doing that for hours now...
Demios
"Flametongue"

Post by Demios »

you're doing it wrong.
[img]http://demios.whattheboat.com/userbar/random.jpeg[/img]