View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:52 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
bsnes mentioned in Web-User magazine 
Author Message
Reply with quote
Post bsnes mentioned in Web-User magazine
Neat! I got a mention in a magazine! How cool is that?

http://www.webuser.co.uk/forums/showfla ... in/398693/
It seems I'm in Web-User, Issue 191, Page 38.

Don't suppose anyone from the UK could scan that? Heheh.


Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:39 pm
Lurker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:26 am
Posts: 157
Reply with quote
Post 
Congrats. :) Your Internet name is famous. :)


Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:00 am
Profile
Veteran

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:43 pm
Posts: 861
Location: Sloop
Reply with quote
Post 
Well, it might be enough to get notability in wikipedia now.

EDIT: Here, I got this from a $3 digital version. Happy birthday.

Image


Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:15 am
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
Thanks a million, FitzRoy! :D
Man, even if it is tiny mention, that is so freaking cool!


Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:35 pm
has wat u liek
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:54 pm
Posts: 559
Location: Banland.
Reply with quote
Post 
Quote:
Well, it might be enough to get notability in wikipedia now.


I have to wonder, why bother about Wikipedia?

Why doesnt the emulation community just make thier own Wiki at a reputable emulation site?


Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:03 am
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:05 pm
Posts: 637
Reply with quote
Post 
mudlord wrote:
I have to wonder, why bother about Wikipedia?

Why doesnt the emulation community just make thier own Wiki at a reputable emulation site?

I would agree with that. And I wouldn't see it as a pride thing, either (as in, having been deleted and not wanting to "crawl back", so to speak). There should definitely be a more reputable site upon which emu devs can be properly cataloged (read: probably not something like zophar's).

_________________
I bring the trouble.


Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:19 am
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
Wikipedia referrals stay banned on my domain. In case you guys haven't been paying attention to the VG deletions page, some fuckheads just deleted the FakeNES article there, too. I was going to vote, but I couldn't find any magazine mentions of it, either.

I was just a bit saddened that they were right about there being no mention of bsnes anywhere outside of emulation news sites and web forums. But since that's no longer the case, I'm very happy :)

Besides, they'd probably consider Web-User a non-notable magazine or not a reliable source or some stupid shit like that. It isn't worth the hassle when they made up less than 1% of my referrals anyway.


Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:02 am
Lurker

Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:15 am
Posts: 122
Reply with quote
Post Re: Press
byuu wrote:
Neat! I got a mention in a magazine! How cool is that?

http://www.webuser.co.uk/forums/showfla ... in/398693/
It seems I'm in Web-User, Issue 191, Page 38.

Don't suppose anyone from the UK could scan that? Heheh.

Wow! That is awesome!
Your software is touching people's lives all across the globe :)
Very very neat.


Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:30 pm
Profile
Buzzkill Gil

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:14 pm
Posts: 4247
Reply with quote
Post 
MAME, bSNES, and ePSXe?

One of these things is not like the other.
One of these things just doesn't belong.
Can you guess which thing is not like the other
Byt he time I finish my song?


Of course, I guess it depends on if they're going for accurate or popular...








Either way, that's awesome!


Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:29 pm
Profile
Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:17 pm
Posts: 376
Reply with quote
Post 
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
MAME, bSNES, and ePSXe?


Ah! I thought the same thing actually...

_________________
I want to fry~~ Sky Hiiiiiiiiigh~
Let's go-o-o-O~ togeda~


Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:50 am
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
MAME, bSNES, and ePSXe?

One of these things is not like the other.
One of these things just doesn't belong.
Can you guess which thing is not like the other
Byt he time I finish my song?


Of course, I guess it depends on if they're going for accurate or popular...








Either way, that's awesome!


Well, they probably didn't have "accuracy" in mind, only "emulation".
If they were going to go for popularity, they would have gone with zsnes. If they has accuracy in mind, they would have had bsnes and mame, and not included epsxe.


The thing I find funny about this magazine page is that on the requirements for OS it only says "Windows or mac". A lot of the programs listed on that page are available for GNU/Linux, BSD (or can be slightly modified to compile on BSD), and other unixes.


Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:05 am
Buzzkill Gil

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:14 pm
Posts: 4247
Reply with quote
Post 
Franky wrote:
Well, they probably didn't have "accuracy" in mind, only "emulation".
If they were going to go for popularity, they would have gone with zsnes. If they has accuracy in mind, they would have had bsnes and mame, and not included epsxe.


The thing I find funny about this magazine page is that on the requirements for OS it only says "Windows or mac". A lot of the programs listed on that page are available for GNU/Linux, BSD (or can be slightly modified to compile on BSD), and other unixes.
They actually say "Windows XP/Vista."
Given most of those will run happily under Win98 or 2K(probably 95, too)...

The "or Mac" is only on Firefux(interestingly, there's no specification for which version of MacOS... and it only works under OS10, officially).



And there's builds of MAME for freaking digital cameras.
It's only slightly behind Linux on the "what can we compile this for" list. :P


Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:49 am
Profile
Seen it all
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:04 pm
Posts: 2302
Location: Germany
Reply with quote
Post 
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
And there's builds of MAME for freaking digital cameras.

wha...?

_________________
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list


Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Zealot

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:03 am
Posts: 1325
Reply with quote
Post 
You didn't know that? Wow, I'm surprised.

http://www.zophar.net/digital-cameras/mame.html

Also, looking around zophar has made me want to post in that zophar thread...


Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:30 pm
Profile
Seen it all
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:04 pm
Posts: 2302
Location: Germany
Reply with quote
Post 
I didn't follow the development in the digital camera market very closely.

It's interesting how powerful they must be.

_________________
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list


Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:39 pm
Profile WWW
Locksmith of Hyrule
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:49 am
Posts: 3634
Location: 255.255.255.255
Reply with quote
Post 
too bad it doesnt work on canon cameras :(

_________________
Image
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.


Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Zealot

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:03 am
Posts: 1325
Reply with quote
Post 
It's also at least six years old.


Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:34 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 17 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software.