Sony's new motion controllers are actually sweet

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Killa B wrote:I knew you were talking about SMB2 US. Japan didn't count that as a real Mario game until 1992.

So my nitpicking only fails on a single count! :wink:
Does this LOOK like fucking 1992? I'm pretty damn sure it's 2009.

Your nitpicking would fail on a single count IF we were having this discussion 17 years ago.
Except no one in America back then had HEARD of Doki Doki Panic, and they were perfectly content to accept that a game titled Super Mario Brothers 2 WAS in fact part of the fucking Super Mario series.

So no, you still fail on two counts.
Killa B
♥ Love Freak FlonneZilla ♥

Post by Killa B »

Wow, you guys sure are passionate about the Mario series. I'm sorry, I didn't realize how extremely offensive my post was.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Killa B wrote:Wow, you guys sure are passionate about the Mario series. I'm sorry, I didn't realize how extremely offensive my post was.
I felt it was offensive when it was called Super Mario 2, I never even heard of "Super Mario 2", maybe he's referring to 6 Golden Coins? Stupid ambiguous name usage.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Killa B wrote:Wow, you guys sure are passionate about the Mario series. I'm sorry, I didn't realize how extremely offensive my post was.
We're passionate, full-stop.

Offensive is giving yourself far too much credit. I just beat anything to death with words. Even if I agree.
DataPath
Lurker

Post by DataPath »

These guys would chop down a tree from different sides, then argue over who felled it.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

DataPath wrote:These guys would chop down a tree from different sides, then argue over who felled it.
For fun.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

PHoNyMiKe wrote:he can't hang with any real hero like batman or superman, no he's just shitty megaman.
holy fuck megaman can't breathe in space!!-1! weeeeeeeeeee
Gil_Hamilton wrote:I just beat anything to death with words. Even if I agree.
You tend to spit less napalm when you agree. It's a bit obvious.
I.S.T. wrote:
DataPath wrote:These guys would chop down a tree from different sides, then argue over who felled it.
For fun.
FOR SCIENCE !!
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

grinvader wrote:
Spitting napalm is an awkward super power.
They told me being Dragonbreath would be cool, that I'd be a shoe-in for the Justice League... they never said a word about roasting people's faces when I talked
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

\
What tree? There's no trees in Mario, unless you're talking about Six Golden Coins ... dur dur ... STUPID!
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
grinvader wrote:
They told me being Dragonbreath would be cool, that I'd be a shoe-in for the Justice League... they never said a word about roasting people's faces when I talked
Just make sure that before fighting, you don your titanium underwear with +5 dark magic protection.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by darkbenny »

grinvader wrote: FOR SCIENCE !!
this was a triumph
bringing Zsnes back
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Nach wrote:
\
What tree? There's no trees in Mario, unless you're talking about Six Golden Coins ... dur dur ... STUPID!
There's a whole FOREST in Super Mario World!
Full of Wigglers! And Bob-ombs in bubbles!

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
grinvader wrote:
Just make sure that before fighting, you don your titanium underwear with +5 dark magic protection.
Don't leave home without 'em.

If there's one thing the internet has taught me, it's that metal underwear is needed. Everyone wants to rape you in the ass.
The magic resistance is a bonus.
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

what about Zelda? it allowed you to backtrack and had a scrolling screen between scene changes. plus it had trees and allowed you to battery save!
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

link mah boi
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

grinvader wrote:link mah boi
I wonder what's for dinner..
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

adventure_of_link wrote:
You're so hungry you could eat butarktorok.

No use denying it
皆黙って俺について来い!!

gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

grinvader wrote:
adventure_of_link wrote:

No use denying it
Denying isn't just a phonetical flub in Dying
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

grinvader wrote:
adventure_of_link wrote:

No use denying it
hahahahahaha
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

grinvader wrote:
DancemasterGlenn wrote:I think that this whole "jump on the bandwagon" thing might actually be really great news for Nintendo. Think about it. Not only does it completely validate their "experiment" in the way games should be played, but there's a decent chance that once all three systems are capable of motion controls, we'll actually start seeing developers bringing quality cross-platform games to the wii. Anyone who was previously worried about releasing a motion-controlled game on only one platform may now take the plunge instead of scrapping the idea entirely.

It does feel silly that everyone suddenly want motion controls, but if it ends up benefiting Nintendo (and really, the industry as a whole), I'm totally cool with it.
Both the xball and ps3 motion sensing stuffs are supposedly better than what can be done with a wiimote from what I heard.
No idea how much of that is true. But that would make them both go swiftly to the front and game developpers would end up not being able to port stuff to wii.
the xbox motion tech is pretty impressive but it is lacking one thing, a controller, which for some games doesn't matter, but you can't do pointing in pointer FPS ( like Metroid Prime 3) or air mouse in RTS, Nintendo and Sony both can do this.

as for the Sony one, it has EXACTLY the same tech as the wii motion plus ( the technology was made by the same company from california I believe) except that it has the tracking ball on the end and makes use of the PlayStation Eye, this with the camera allows them to track where you are in the room much better.

Nintendo has a microphone but it's not build into their motion control like the mic in the 360 project natal and the PS Eye is, it's sold separately.

Nintendo also doesn't have a camera, Ubisoft is making one for the system but it's for an excersize game, and again, it's sold seperately.

For most applications all 3 are fairly comparable.

I would say Sony has the best combination of tech and it's the most robust.

I will say that microsoft's camera and mic are really well though in how they recognize faces and voices (I'm sure software plays a large part) and I think they will try to emphasize the use of it more for the interface and also to break the 4th wall in games.

I can see microsoft's tech being used not so much just for motion, but more so to read you, your eye movements, your reactions, to enhance a traditional game without any gimmicks.

I'd love to see RTS's on the PS3 using the pointer technology, I can't stand playing RTSs with analog sticks.

It'd also be cool to see more FPSs use pointer technology with a joystick like The Conduit for Wii, I am LOVING that game.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]