WHAT GAMES ARE YOU PLAYING THESE DAYS

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Just got through playing:

1) super mario bros 3
2) super mario world
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

snkcube wrote:
SquareHead wrote:Left for Dead 2
I'm playing the same and the game is much tougher than the first. Expert mode is truly more difficult this time around.
The AI Director is a vindictive bitch this time around. Props to Valve for making the game like crack. I was unable to resist buying it after playing the demo.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Persona 4. God damn the boss in the sauna stage was a bitch.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
diminish

Post by diminish »

Galaxian, Galaga or Galaga 3 while on a boring lecture. (enjoy your matchmaking; recent fpses are a fucking disgrace)
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

Agozer wrote:Persona 4. God damn the boss in the sauna stage was a bitch.
I really feel like saying something about how that's ironic considering your nationality.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Johan_H wrote:
Agozer wrote:Persona 4. God damn the boss in the sauna stage was a bitch.
I really feel like saying something about how that's ironic considering your nationality.
Yes well... I actually thought about wording the above a bit differently to avoid the ironic twist that you pointed out, but decided that the current one

1) describes the location in the game perfectly
2) is just better, irony notwithstanding or because of it
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

SquareHead wrote:
snkcube wrote:
I'm playing the same and the game is much tougher than the first. Expert mode is truly more difficult this time around.
The AI Director is a vindictive bitch this time around. Props to Valve for making the game like crack. I was unable to resist buying it after playing the demo.
Really? I've found it's more generous this time around...

To this day, nothing beats the time in Crash Course when the game kept throwing Tanks at me. Just wouldn' fucking stop. I killed like seven tanks in one level.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

I.S.T. wrote:
SquareHead wrote:
snkcube wrote:
Really? I've found it's more generous this time around...

To this day, nothing beats the time in Crash Course when the game kept throwing Tanks at me. Just wouldn' fucking stop. I killed like seven tanks in one level.
Goddamn.

Whats really getting me this time are those damn set off the alarms and dash to the shutoff through the horde bullshit. Also the grenade launcher sounds orgasmic, but in reality is not all that helpful. (i.e. I am really stupid with such devices).
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

I've found it's best when you see a group of zombies in the distance...

Also, I'm pretty sure that if, for some reason, I had stayed around, it would have kept throwing Tanks at me.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Crash Course is pretty easy on expert. It's tough the first couple times around because of how much longer in length each sections are.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
ReRuss
Trooper

Post by ReRuss »

Just finished Phantasy Star Universe offline story mode...
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ReRuss/UBAR.gif[/img]
360 and PS3 - ReRuss
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

ReRuss wrote:Just finished Phantasy Star Universe offline story mode...
Coincidentally, so did I.

Seriously, Sega? Are you so desperate for money that you're going to include a commercial for network mode in the game? Like the big NETWORK MODE option on the title screen isn't a clue?
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

snkcube wrote:Crash Course is pretty easy on expert. It's tough the first couple times around because of how much longer in length each sections are.
I guess. I've never played it on Expert Mode(long story short, due ot medical conditions, I have slower reflexes than most people, thus high level FPS play is off limits for meeeeeeeee).

That said, dealing with one tank RIGHT after another in single player mode is never easy, ever, especially if it's during the Finale...
ReRuss
Trooper

Post by ReRuss »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:

Seriously, Sega? Are you so desperate for money that you're going to include a commercial for network mode in the game? Like the big NETWORK MODE option on the title screen isn't a clue?
yea that was kinda cheesy

Are YOU on "THE" network? I am... again
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ReRuss/UBAR.gif[/img]
360 and PS3 - ReRuss
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

I.S.T. wrote:
snkcube wrote:Crash Course is pretty easy on expert. It's tough the first couple times around because of how much longer in length each sections are.
I guess. I've never played it on Expert Mode(long story short, due ot medical conditions, I have slower reflexes than most people, thus high level FPS play is off limits for meeeeeeeee).

That said, dealing with one tank RIGHT after another in single player mode is never easy, ever, especially if it's during the Finale...
Ahhh brings back memories of survival mode.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

SquareHead wrote:
I.S.T. wrote:

皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

So, he's funny for once. :o
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Just got into playing Shining in the Darkness today
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

SquareHead wrote:
I.S.T. wrote:

The Lighthouse was such a bitch. I don't know how I managed to last over ten minutes with just a friend and two bots. Also, funny pic grin. :lol:
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

ReRuss wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:

yea that was kinda cheesy

Are YOU on "THE" network? I am... again
I'd've cut them some slack if it was at least funny.
They could've made something useless but amusing with the same premise of "characters in the game advertising the game" but... no sense of humor whatsoever.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
KHDownloads
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

You know what sucks ?

When a game with a stupidly steep learning curve makes you believe you're done learning the bullshit it can throw at you and

suddenly, assrape
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

grinvader wrote:You know what sucks ?

When a game with a stupidly steep learning curve makes you believe you're done learning the bullshit it can throw at you and

suddenly, assrape
Next week: Why grinvader stopped loving Disgaea.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:Next week: Why grinvader stopped loving Disgaea.
Wat ? Disgaea's fair game. Power fair game, but fair game still. Can't beat some shit, grab a couple hundred levels for both you and your eq and try again. Pretty flat learning curve aside from finding the best method to level at MAXXXX SPEEED for each game in the series. Which is great fun to my doublemunchkin instincts.

Nah, I'm talking about godforsaken demon's souls lethal doom swamp of motherfucking death that kills (aka 5-2). You get bumfucked through 1-1 every 50 seconds or so learning the ropes, then you burn through worlds 1-2 through 5-1 eyes closed (dragon god is pretty awesome, btw)
and WHAMMO, fucking swamp that makes all your usual strategies so utterly useless, and sprinkled with one-hit-kill mobs for the sucker punch.

First time I even have to change eq to survive.

I bet 5-3 will be back to the (relatively more) vanilla difficulty of the rest of the game, at that.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

grinvader wrote:I bet 5-3 will be back to the (relatively more) vanilla difficulty of the rest of the game, at that.
WHAT THE FUCK DID I SAY

It was like stealing a cakewalk pie from an old cripple baby

Just have to clear the few PBCT events and get over my hangover (holy fuck i accidentally killed stockpile thomas what a fucking moron i fucking hope the stockpiled items will repop with him next game) and i'll be done

Anyway, momohime is mai waifu (*´Д`)ハァハァ
皆黙って俺について来い!!

neoblaze
8-bit Moderator

Post by neoblaze »

Final Fantasy 8. <3