zSNES freezes on start-up

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

pwnageking

zSNES freezes on start-up

Post by pwnageking »

I installed the file from the website for windows (I'm on Windows 7) and I extracted the .rar file to it's own folder but when I click the icon to start it up it freezes on the menu and changes my personal Windows customization back to default so I have to go to task manager and end zSNES process to close the frozen window in bring back my customization. Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong here? I want to play Earthbound so badly. :cry:
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Re: zSNES freezes on start-up

Post by Deathlike2 »

ZSNES does not come in a RAR file (meaning you're not downloading from our website), nor it does not read them either (ZIP is the most common one that will work).
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
pwnageking

Post by pwnageking »

Deathlike2 wrote:ZSNES does not come in a RAR file (meaning you're not downloading from our website), nor it does not read them either (ZIP is the most common one that will work).
Okay I downloaded the ZIP from Emulator Zone but I'm still having the same problem... :(
escapee
Rookie

Post by escapee »

Try getting it from zsnes.com
pwnageking

Post by pwnageking »

escapee wrote:Try getting it from zsnes.com
That's where I installed it from the first time...
pwnageking

Post by pwnageking »

I'm considering a different emulator, is it possible this is a compatibility issue?
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

pwnageking wrote:
escapee wrote:Try getting it from zsnes.com
That's where I installed it from the first time...
As established previously, no you didn't. It does not come in a RAR file from zsnes.com. Therefore, if it came in a RAR file like you said it did, you did not download it from zsnes.com.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

He might have file extensions hidden, and .zip files associated with winrar, and is assuming it's .rar because it has the winrar icon. Most useless Windows feature ever, especially in situations like this.

As for the issue, try reinstalling/updating directx/video drivers.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae