Yes another.. Netplay help topic.

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Alkaiser

Yes another.. Netplay help topic.

Post by Alkaiser »

Ok, I have a problem with netplay, and i've tried looking around at other topics.. but they have been no help. Now before I got my router, I could netplay just fine, but ever since ive had it, i kinda.. havn't been able to.

I did some port forwarding, just as the other topic on here said. And.. I can connect to someones netplay game. but when I try to host.. the other person can not connect.

I know they have the right IP, and everything down.. so I ask you guys to help me out here, why can't i host? Does the other person need to do port forwarding as well? Help me out guys!
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Yeah, if the other person has a router, they should also try port forwarding.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

snkcube wrote:Yeah, if the other person has a router, they should also try port forwarding.
Or you could use TCP/IP instead of UDP but that apparently loses packets and lags like ass.
Alkaiser

Post by Alkaiser »

>< ive tried TCP and it still doesnt work.. ;_; any other ideas guys?
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

Post some more details about your port forwarding. It looks like something is screwed up.
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]
Alkaiser

Post by Alkaiser »

Ok heres the detail about it.

Ex Port - 7845
Protocal TCP - checked
Protocal UDP - un checked
Int. Port - 7845
Ip Address - 192.168.1.#
Enable - checked

I've tried it w/ TCP checked, then w/ UDP checked. and i cant get them both checked, even when i add a different thing for each one, the second one doesnt stay.
So.. thats the info, try to help =/
Mark57Raider
Regular

connection netplay problems.

Post by Mark57Raider »

Okay most of the time when i give my ip to someone who wants to play, they will log on, but when i get the ip and they're hosting it won't connect. Does the variation between distances effect how fast i will be able to connect to their server?
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Re: connection netplay problems.

Post by Joe Camacho »

Mark57Raider wrote:Okay most of the time when i give my ip to someone who wants to play, they will log on, but when i get the ip and they're hosting it won't connect. Does the variation between distances effect how fast i will be able to connect to their server?
No, your or their internet connection configuration (Router, ISP, Firewalls) is more likely to be your problem. Large distances and different speeds can only affect in the way of lag.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

I have been playing on zbattle for quite some time now and now the server screen won't let me connect. What happens is now I select connect on "files" and then it won't let me in to other games on zbattle. I hope it isn't because of the download of kaillera that is doing that. Basically I have uninstalled and installed zbattle.net and it still doesn't let me in... okay (edited). I read about what's going on and it seems to be kaillera so i will probably delete it, thanks anyways.