Loading saves on netplay

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Kenshin9248

Loading saves on netplay

Post by Kenshin9248 »

ok, my friend and I played SoM last week and everything went smooth. We played for a few hours, saved, then quit. Now, my friend went back home and d/l zsnes over again so we can play today. I sent him the rom and srm file ( I think it's the correct srm file) and when we load up the load save data isn't choosable.

Any ideas?

If it helps, he was player 1 (host) I was 2. He was making all the saves in-game. Did it also save locally to my hard drive as well or is it back on his other pc he played on?

EDIT

I just read this http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3655 and it says something about the remote option being checked. Does it need to be checked when loading or before you save?

Also want to mention I'm talking about in-game saves not save states.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

I'm sure that if you're playing a zsnes netplay game together and your partner saves. I'm sure that save is on his/her file only and that it has not jumped on to your rom. If you continue from them being the host it should be able to load the data that you have previously saved from. It's a known issue and other than that i don't know how the problem could be addressed.
Kenshin9248

Post by Kenshin9248 »

Ok thanks Mark. Guess we will just start over and I'll be the hoster. Sucks this isn't implemented, would be helpful in situations like this.