Snes to usb make ur own help

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Plasma Jet

Snes to usb make ur own help

Post by Plasma Jet »

need links on how to do this cheap and cost effectively
i know the sell adapters, there was one i was intrested in a yr ago.

was like $5 and small adapter that went from snes to usb and worked great.

as well as anything wit how to make your own roms from the carts.. :)
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

Walmart sells that cheap white adapter thing that allows you to plug in a PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox controller. Corded Xbox360 controllers are already USB. Get with the times, man. How much time are you going to waste in order to try to spend so little... $5 is really hard to make a profit off of for anyone.

As for "making your own roms", I assume you want a backup unit. Search the posts of this and other forums for Game Doctor and its ilk. Or go to ToToTEK.
Plasma Jet

Post by Plasma Jet »

get with the times??

frak that nonsense lol

this is stuff i grew up with.. and i like it..

i have all the decks and games i bought orginally and stil enjoy them from time to time. i like how the snes pad feels.. i liek the way the nes pad on has 2 buttons.. its good times and great memories and GREAT gaming.

if they hadnt have been great , there would BE NO GAMECUBE< NO XBOX< NO PS2.. lol

i already own a ps2, ps3, xbox360, and the wii.. they are ok but to many kiddies dont know the roots dont care.. i do.

lol

and its for myslef.. not for anyone else.. if it cost me $500 to do it ill do it.

its my money...
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

Plasma Jet wrote:get with the times??

frak that nonsense lol

I guess you'll fit right in here, then.
However, what's with the double periods and lulz?

To clarify, I feel (and I'm not alone) that the SNES gamepad has a really good digital +pad. Many many hours spent with it in Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, Final Fight series, Megaman series, Starfox, etc.

But I would have to admit that the newer gamepads are actually better in terms of feel and performance, plus they have extra buttons to control the emulator.

Having gone through NES era myself, and even the earlier piss-poor TI-99/4a and Vic-20 joysticks, the "dual shock" abortion of a controller is still comfortable and functional in comparison.

Didn't mean to lecture you. You can always rig up a parallel port adapter and use the PPJoy driver.
Plasma Jet

Post by Plasma Jet »

lol nice ah the days of parallel ports. sorry for the double periods. i dunno why the are there. odd. at any rate

i like the old school ways yah sure there is better thing out there, which aint bad. but i stil like the fell of that old grey plastic controller in my hands. i put in alot of hours with that system and i like the emulators they have. :P

zsnes is a staple on all my pcs..

im not looking for extra buttons atm.. i got an xbox controller for that.. i liek the old school feeling. the main reason i asked is i got laptop that goes everywhere with me. it has copies of my games saves roms etc that i like to play away from home. it has usb ports and i would like to mod 2 old school controllers for it. :p just cause i can. i do remember a bit ago one could mod one with parts from radio shack. , but as of recent all i can find is chips and you have to program them.

i jsut want to , with relative ease, mod 2 for usb ports for travel. that is all. and google is being its normal self and showing me everything but what i want.

and my son wil be cutting his teeth on nes, snes, n64 etc.. HOOAH TO OLD SCHOOL!!!!!!
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

If you can find an USB adapter for SNES controllers, buy it.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

also

STOP TYPING LIKE A RETARD AND CUT OUT ALL THE LOLS

...seriously, learn to proofread your posts once in a while.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

I've used sneskey scheme and am using 2 snespads on the lpt. Except it's hacked as hell, but works, and without the diodes(using only one pin to power each).
It's not like you'll use the lpt printer nowadays.
kitsune_baka
Rookie

Post by kitsune_baka »

whicker wrote:
Plasma Jet wrote:get with the times??

frak that nonsense lol

I guess you'll fit right in here, then.
However, what's with the double periods and lulz?

To clarify, I feel (and I'm not alone) that the SNES gamepad has a really good digital +pad. Many many hours spent with it in Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, Final Fight series, Megaman series, Starfox, etc.

But I would have to admit that the newer gamepads are actually better in terms of feel and performance, plus they have extra buttons to control the emulator.
Quite true...

And PS1/PS2 --> USB adapters are only $7 on ebay.

adventure_of_link wrote:also

STOP TYPING LIKE A RETARD AND CUT OUT ALL THE LOLS
...seriously, learn to proofread your posts once in a while.
http://crystalplumage.livejournal.com/1 ... tml#cutid1

odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

thread necromancy much?
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

odditude wrote:thread necromancy much?
Very much so.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.