ZSNES max custom resolution?

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Miserere

ZSNES max custom resolution?

Post by Miserere »

Hey all, just got a brand new 42inch 1080p HDTV, and I can't wait to get ZSNES properly configured on it! Only problem is it seems every time I try to set the custom resolutions to 1920x1080, ZSNES flips out on me and crashes. I've tried all the different types of custom resolution settings (D, DR, DS) but none of them work. Anyone know what the highest resolution is for ZSNES, or maybe a fix to get it to work with 1920x1080?
Starman Ghost
Trooper

Post by Starman Ghost »

Make sure your tv can support that res with pc input. Check your tv manual.
[code]<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
<TheXPhial> vaccuums
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
<TheXPhial> black holes
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
<TheXPhial> lava?[/code]
Miserere

Post by Miserere »

Yes, I'm sure of that, as I'm running XP on it with that very resolution.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

It should work. However, you probably want it in Windowed mode if it isn't a valid DirectDraw res.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Miserere

Post by Miserere »

Figured it out now! There are two "SET" buttons you can click for the resolution change. When I would type out the resolution and click the set button next to where I was typing, it would crash. But, if i clicked the one in the upper area of the app, it worked. Not sure why or what, but hey, it works.
:)
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

one applies the custom resolution and the other doesn't. i guess the one that doesn't apply the custom resolution is set to a invalid resolution or one not supported by your hardware....
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64