Graphical Front End

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

updawg

Graphical Front End

Post by updawg »

I am spoiled by my xbox with all the emulators running under XBMC. I was wondering if ZSNES has a graphical front end for windows created by zsnes or a third party? The xbox has all the skinned themes, box art, game manuals and I was wondering if their is something similar but Windows based. The reason I ask here is because zsnes is without a doubt the best snes emulator and was hoping someone had any knowledge on the subject. Thanks!
Awakened
Rookie

Re: Graphical Front End

Post by Awakened »

Hyperspin is really snazzy. It took a lot of work getting all the artwork together and I had to fill out some of the database information and edit the themes to look the way I wanted. But it's really nice once you get it all set up and it will launch games with pretty much any emulator. There isn't any way of displaying a manual you could leaf through that I know of though.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

There have been people who have made frontends for zsnes, but I am not aware of any that are actively in development.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

XBMC is also available for Windows and Linux, and possibly Mac.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae