THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

TecmoQB

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS

Post by TecmoQB »

I just wanted to come on this board to thank all of you that made this work of art program for the computer.

When I was a kid, I had the greatest football game ever made, and no it wasn't no Madden or EA Sports garbage.......It was Tecmo Super Bowl!

And no I am not talking about the NES version that is extremely popular...I had the SNES version of Tecmo, that featured many, many, many memories of kicking the snot out of friends with the crappiest teams, winning Super Bowls with the Oilers and Chiefs, and having fun learning how to truly dominate the game.

Unfortunately, my Super Nintendo became worn out as years went by. and thanks to bad weather, I lost most of my beloved cartridges to a flood during a hurricane.

I had not played Tecmo or any SNES game in 7 years, and one day someone told me about ZSNES..I downloaded the program. Not an expert on using a keyboard as a controller, but I managed to find my beloved Tecmo Super Bowl. And with the help of today's age of the internet, i found 2 other Tecmo Super Bowl games (TSB II and TSB III) in which I had never played in the past.

Since 2010, I have been able to play my beloved football games, and people were kind enough on the internet to make updated rosters for more recent years, and some even taking the time to make classic roster years from when I was younger and first experienced the NFL.

I just wanted to give my thanks to ZSNES and everyone that has made this program what it is. Thank you for giving me my love back, and giving me the chance to even play the other TSB games that swept through the years before Madden took over.
deepblue22
Rookie

Re: THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS

Post by deepblue22 »

Yeah, thanks! :)
HunterKiller_
Hazed

Post by HunterKiller_ »

Amen.

I was listening to some Final Fantasy music and got all fuzzy and nostalgic about the days of fantastic JRPGs, and I thought 'wonder what the zsnes team are up to'.
Signed into this forum for the first time in years. Glad to see there's still activity (in the forum at least), and that each new generation continues to discover and enjoy the classics.

I wouldn't be possible without the zsnes team, so thank you truly, once again.
HunterKiller
<========]----+
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

HunterKiller_ wrote: Signed into this forum for the first time in years...
... and the emulator was still on the same version.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
HunterKiller_ wrote: Signed into this forum for the first time in years...
... and the emulator was still on the same version.
... but the future refused to change.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

The future will be changed ! You'll create a time paradox !
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Zaershan

Post by Zaershan »

I used to check monthly for a new zsnes release, but then I discovered the wait time was over 9000.
I used to check yearly for a new zsnes release, but then I started watching nyan cat.
I used to have hope for a new zsnes release .... but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Oh well. lulz.

Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

wow, really?
Arkinum

Post by Arkinum »

I too would like to thank the Zsnes team. Even with all the high end games of today, some of these games are still better in terms of gameplay, innovation, story ect...

Thanks for your work and dedication.