Wow, I actually contributed to ZSNES.

Strictly for discussing ZSNES development and for submitting code. You can also join us on IRC at irc.libera.chat in #zsnes.
Please, no requests here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

xamenus
Veteran

Wow, I actually contributed to ZSNES.

Post by xamenus »

I "added support" for games with .bs and .st extensions to appear in the GUI. :roll:

I am not a coder, I merely used the existing code as a guide to add these two extensions.

I have no idea how to make a patch, so here is a zip file that has the original version and the new version with my changes (the file is gui\guiload.inc from the latest CVS).

Even if this contribution is considered ridiculous and unprofessional, I'm still interested in the discussion nevertheless. :) My question is, since this was so simple, why wasn't it implemented before?
hydr0x
Rookie

Post by hydr0x »

maybe because no one realized it didn't already feature this ;) you know, not a lot of people actually use .bs and .st roms...
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

The question is: does it work ? You can make zsnes accept any extension easily, but the file handling - init, memory mapping and stuff - isn't automatic for new file types.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

It should work for any non compressed type just fine.

As to why I haven't done it till now is because I never bothered.

It's worthy to note that until a lot of recent changes I made, you would have had to modify a lot more than that.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by xamenus »

Yes, after setting up the paths for the G-NEXT base cart and the STBIOS, each game runs fine.