Searching my keys of a game..

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

rapattack

Searching my keys of a game..

Post by rapattack »

Hi, I'm new here.

I was searching the keys from my new game to play in the zsnes.

But I don't know where I can find or edit them.

Please, can someone help me?

(I'm meaning the keys to "jump", "dig", etc..)
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Have you even looked at the options in the emulator?
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

blackmyst wrote:Have you even looked at the options in the emulator?
Let's see....he hasn't?

What do I win?

PROTIP for the topic starter: Use your eyes, [un]common sense and read the ZSNES Documentation.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

I don't think you'd even need to read the documentation. You're looking for configuration? Hey, how about that "config" dropdown menu? It's right there!
rapattack

Post by rapattack »

blackmyst wrote:I don't think you'd even need to read the documentation. You're looking for configuration? Hey, how about that "config" dropdown menu? It's right there!
I'm at the config, but don't see any boxes where the keys are filled in, or where I can change them. I found one key: x. But there isn't a box saying something about it.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

asdfghlndfjvdfhkvdfk

With that out of my system.....have you tried looking at the names of the options in the config menu? There aren't that many choices. Something like, oh, "input" looks nice. And if you're not sure, you can always try clicking, you're not gonna get ill if you click the wrong one.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

If Config->Input#1 makes no sense to you, nothing will. Reading is fundamental, and the docs explain this fairly well if you are totally clueless.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

I'm just waiting for that special ZSNES build that starts insulting the user's intelligence if s/he just shuffles through the menu headings without doing much else.
Last edited by Agozer on Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I'm sure grinvader can perform this ZSNES voodoo.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

I believe I understand his problem:

I was searching the keys from my new game to play in the zsnes.
(I'm meaning the keys to "jump", "dig", etc..)

He doesn not want to configure buttons the SNES had (A,B,X,Y,L,R,Start,Select). also realize he is talking about his new game - only one game.

He is looking for an option like, say, make "Jump" key so and so, "Shoot" so and so, "Slide" so and so, just like modern PC games have.
The problem I believe is to understand the concept of an emulator.

ZSNES is a program that can make your PC play games that were once avaiable on a console called SNES made by Nintendo. Not one game, many games. The controller of the SNES had buttons (A,B,X,Y,L,R,Start,Select) and a control pad. You can select which key on your keyboard corresponds to which SNES-controller button. Then when you start the game, some of them allow you to switch actions bound to SNES-controller buttons around, most however do not.

I really suggest getting a joypad, configuring ZSNES to use it as a controller, then you can play almost like on a real SNES.

All you people have insulted your own intelligence right now :roll:
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Quite frankly, I don't think we should even bother if the poster can comprehend that a video game console that plays hundreds upon hundreds of different games can't have its controller buttons labeled as "jump", "shoot", "duck", etc.

If he can't understand the console itself, what on earth made him think that he could understand something like an emulator any better?