windows media player v11 final released.

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

franpa
Gecko snack

windows media player v11 final released.

Post by franpa »

Last edited by franpa on Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Oskar_Hanberg
Starzinger Addict

Re: windows media player v11 beta released.

Post by Oskar_Hanberg »

franpa wrote:you heard me, get it now!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... player/11/
Why would I need WMP when there is MPC and VLC?
"All kinds of private exploitation is theft in the sense that what exists in this world belongs to all of us, and so called 'Intellectual property', or software, is no exception to that"
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Oskar_Hanberg wrote:

and BSPlayer and Zoom Player.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Oskar_Hanberg
Starzinger Addict

Post by Oskar_Hanberg »

Agozer wrote:
Oskar_Hanberg wrote:

Nice.. I haven't heard of those. What are they capable of that MPC and VLC are not?
"All kinds of private exploitation is theft in the sense that what exists in this world belongs to all of us, and so called 'Intellectual property', or software, is no exception to that"
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Oskar_Hanberg wrote:
Agozer wrote:
Oskar_Hanberg wrote:

Nice.. I haven't heard of those. What are they capable of that MPC and VLC are not?
I don't really know, but these two I use the most. Zoom Player is more featured than BSPlayer is though.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
MethodOne
Rookie

Post by MethodOne »

I'll wait until the final version is released. Since it's a component of Windows, I'll update it then. I don't like WMP because it doesn't support Ogg Vorbis or modules. For videos, I use VLC, and for audio, I use Winamp with some chiptune plugins.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Actually Franpa, you're a bit late on that bandwagon.. ;)

I've already got my WMP 11 beta from MS a month ago. :D

And it's not like WMP is a needed part of Windows...
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

adventure_of_link wrote:Actually Franpa, you're a bit late on that bandwagon.. ;)

I've already got my WMP 11 beta from MS a month ago. :D

And it's not like WMP is a needed part of Windows...
Yeah....Franpa is a bit late on the WMP11 beta thing. I've been using it since it released.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

I haven't installed WMP since 7. And I think that's a good thing; every tmoe I use it on another's machine, I want to vomit.
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
Que
saskatchewanite

Post by Que »

kevman wrote:I haven't installed WMP since 7. And I think that's a good thing; every tmoe I use it on another's machine, I want to vomit.
Agreed.
everything i say is a lie
the above line is true
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

i only install it due to security fixes.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Oskar_Hanberg
Starzinger Addict

Post by Oskar_Hanberg »

franpa wrote:i only install it due to security fixes.
Well.. the fact that its a beta, and from a Microsoft at that, kind of makes me think its not secure anyways..
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

You still need WMP to watch anything with DRM or a license based material as far as I know. Please somebody tell me I'm wrong so I can nuke that piece of crap.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
Oskar_Hanberg
Starzinger Addict

Post by Oskar_Hanberg »

Nightcrawler wrote:You still need WMP to watch anything with DRM or a license based material as far as I know. Please somebody tell me I'm wrong so I can nuke that piece of crap.
Why would you concider watching or listening anything with DRM or that requires you to install some license?
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Oskar_Hanberg wrote:
Nightcrawler wrote:You still need WMP to watch anything with DRM or a license based material as far as I know. Please somebody tell me I'm wrong so I can nuke that piece of crap.
Why would you concider watching or listening anything with DRM or that requires you to install some license?
Sure.

Any videos you watch from wwe.com require it. Both some subscription services and all the normal free videos on the site.

There are several online movie rental stores where you can LEGALLY download a movie and watch it.

Some online radio stations use it.

I'm sure I could think of a few more, but YES, there are legitatmate license based services I use.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Oskar_Hanberg wrote:
franpa wrote:i only install it due to security fixes.
Well.. the fact that its a beta, and from a Microsoft at that, kind of makes me think its not secure anyways..
to me it seems to make it more secure then previouse ms versions... and saves me from downloading security fixes all the time as this already has them applied... thus if i reinstall windows i only need to install this rather then a million updates... eventualy tho im sure it will also have a million updates bcuz its ms... but atm it doesnt.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I personally wouldn't touch WMP with a stick. There's plenty of better media players out there for Windows (and they are not named Quicktime or Realplayer either).

Not to get too OT franpa, I'm still waiting for you to test the Force60hz option in SVN. For one that has reported said bug, it's like you don't check that thread if there's a new post in it.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

[OT]i posted in the appropriate thread for you deathlike.[/OT]
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

VLC won't play WMP-specific files for me. and i won't install ANOTHER media player just to watch those. that's really all i use it for. otherwise, VLC or itunes.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Mark7
Hazed

Post by Mark7 »

I never use Windows Media Player (what a piece of shit). My default player for video is Media Player Classic, but sometimes i use VLC too.
I use Foobar 2000 for mp3/flac/etc and Winamp for the video game music formats like spc/psf/etc.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ]Say NO to the Loudness war[/url]
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

beta 2 has been released.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Time to install. :)
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
alexz721
Regular

Post by alexz721 »

Does it require you to validate Windows like IE7 does?
HOW ARE YOU MERRY GENTLEMEN
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

does the final version of 11 improve on 10 in any way?
bringing Zsnes back