What Games Have Kept You Guys Busy?

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Heartlight (pic): Damn addicting with its catchy background music, one of the few games that were able to play their music through my PC speaker.

Stargunner (pic): The last game of Apogee before they became 3D Realms, this one is emulated so fast that I have to set DOSBox to 15%. :lol:

Btw. the full versions can be legally downloaded here.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

I've started playing Halo multi-player again on my pc. Lots and lots or Slayer Matches! It even seems though I haven't really played this game that much even when I had it a year ago. It's a twist from all the retro I've been at for awhile now.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Flashback for PC or SNES.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

I just finished Castlevania: Curse of Darkness today folks. After finishing Hector's quest, it is quite interesting to play through Trevor Belmont's quest.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

XCOM: 2000 online, it may be unofficial, but it's intense combat.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

Pokemon Pearl!
**Prince of the Zsnes board**
*Smash Champ*
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

I'm about to finish Portrait of Ruin but I have many things to do. I have a exam Monday, a project Monday and another project Monday.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

Recently I can't seem to decide, I'm feeling too lazy to finish Onimusha Dawn Of Dreams which I started. I just can't seem to pick a game, and I really should considering I have about 1 more week off before the next university semester starts up.

A bit off topic but it's good to see emulator development is still going strong, NO$GBA seems to be working with DS games which allowed me a chance to try out Diamond/Pearl just to see how they are.

It runs too slowly (even at full speed) for my taste, it must be a painstakingly slow process to play it on the DS without any sort of fast forward (I'm sure some DS emulator will add that sooner or later).

Though the requirements for these emulators keeps going up, to run a game as simple as that you're best off using one 2GHz (Athlon64 standards) or higher core dedicated to the emulator. With a single core CPU it looks like it needs ~2.6GHz to run at full speed 100% of the time unless you give it's thread high priority as in dedicate that only core (which is not a good idea because everything else will slow to a crawl).

I can't wait until PS2 emulators are well developed so I can pack up my PS2 and save some space, not to mention the trouble of changing DVDs and getting the old heap of junk working.

Back on the topic of PS2 games, I'm considering Dragon Quest 8, FF10/10-2, or one of the Tales Of games.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Cyrus wrote:Back on the topic of PS2 games, I'm considering Dragon Quest 8, FF10/10-2, or one of the Tales Of games.
I know that it's on the GC, but you should try Symphonia if you haven't already.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

I'd go with Dragon Quest VIII, it's a fantastic game, also Symphonia is on PS2 also, but it is just a port, and prolly not quite as good as the GC version. Also there is Tales of the Abyss which is a good one.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Panzer88 wrote:I'd go with Dragon Quest VIII, it's a fantastic game, also Symphonia is on PS2 also, but it is just a port, and prolly not quite as good as the GC version. Also there is Tales of the Abyss which is a good one.
I've got Dragon Quest VIII that I still have unfinished. The last boss I've run across is a James Brown impression of Don Mole, who sings tunes to hurt your party with. Other than traveling to the other island on my acquired boat, I haven't gotten any farther than Alvanista.
selmo2000
Rookie

Post by selmo2000 »

Plasma Pong

PC / Intel Mac / PowerPC Mac

Play this while high if possible.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~selmo2000/pictures/selmo2000.gif[/img]
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

selmo2000 wrote:Plasma Pong

PC / Intel Mac / PowerPC Mac

Play this while high if possible.
Oh dear lord, I hope you DO NOT play that while high. If you do you will probably die from all the flashy, or develop a really bad headache.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Panzer88 wrote:I'd go with Dragon Quest VIII, it's a fantastic game, also Symphonia is on PS2 also, but it is just a port, and prolly not quite as good as the GC version. Also there is Tales of the Abyss which is a good one.
I thought it was only released in Japan. But if it was released in english, even better.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

it may have been, I just remember hearing about it, I have it on gamecube
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Twilight Princess on the Cube, it's going pretty good so far. And I'm not even that far in the game. Still got 3 hearts and no heart pieces.
Lord Alpha
Lurker

Post by Lord Alpha »

Now that my school is letting out for the semester, I have a couple months of relatively free time son I want to finish FF12, Twilight Princess for the Wii, and Pokemon Diamond.

Wouldn't mind beating MMBN 2-5 either so I can have the whole story for Starforce
It is better to be silent and thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt

I am Zophar, Master of Sh*t!

[url=http://archlyn.bravejournal.com]View my blog[/url]
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Joe Camacho wrote:
I thought it was only released in Japan. But if it was released in english, even better.
Sadly it wast not released in America for the PS2.... The GC version is almost impossible to find.......
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Neo Kaiser wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:
Sadly it wast not released in America for the PS2.... The GC version is almost impossible to find.......
Almost impossible? I always see it at EB Games or Gamestop when I cross the border.

I got it for 20 dlls some time ago.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Joe Camacho wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:
Almost impossible? I always see it at EB Games or Gamestop when I cross the border.

I got it for 20 dlls some time ago.
You are lucky! I heard that there is a company dedicated to ask game companies about reprints or something like that.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

you are referring to gamequest. You can find them at

www.gamequestdirect.com

ask and you shall recieve, if you really want tales of symphonia, it is only a click away

http://www.gamequestdirect.com/722674300025.html
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Panzer88 wrote:XCOM: 2000 online, it may be unofficial, but it's intense combat.
Have you tried UFO: Alien Invasion? It tries to be an XCOM remake using the Q2 engine.
Starman Ghost
Trooper

Post by Starman Ghost »

Guild Wars

I love not paying 14.95 a month or whatever for an online rpg that I already paid for. With 3 campaigns, 1 expansion and another expansion on the way, there is a ton of stuff to do.
[code]<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
<TheXPhial> vaccuums
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
<TheXPhial> black holes
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
<TheXPhial> lava?[/code]
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

1) Zelda: Parallel Worlds (A Link to the Past Hack) v1.0
2) the usual
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

SquareHead wrote:
Panzer88 wrote:XCOM: 2000 online, it may be unofficial, but it's intense combat.
Have you tried UFO: Alien Invasion? It tries to be an XCOM remake using the Q2 engine.
I hadn't even heard of it before, thanks for the heads up.

Oh and Parallel Worlds is awesome, but FREAKING hard, just getting through the first dungeon was interesting, I was never so happy to see a sword.