Wii Connect issues - "wii cannot find an access point&q

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Wii Connect issues - "wii cannot find an access point&q

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

Okay, I recenlt bought a wii about, oh, 3 1/2 to 4 weeks ago and I liked to use a D-link DIR615 wireless router for the Virtual Console/Weather/etc. I configured it accordingliy in the wii and on my PC and was working fine until two weeks ago. I got an error code called 51330 and entered it on support.nintendo.com and folllwed the instructions accordingly. Well, I changed the channel to Nintendo's "recommended" channel/mode. Nothing. I tried a "Test Connection" on the wii menu, but it says "Cannot find a access point". Now, I never made any changes to the Internet in those two weeks except maybe downgrading Internet Explorer and getting rid of a crappy Internet filter. Other than that, didn't make any other changes. Now, what the crap is going on here??
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
Starman Ghost
Trooper

Re: Wii Connect issues - "wii cannot find an access poi

Post by Starman Ghost »

neo_bahamut1985 wrote:Okay, I recenlt bought a wii about, oh, 3 1/2 to 4 weeks ago and I liked to use a D-link DIR615 wireless router for the Virtual Console/Weather/etc. I configured it accordingliy in the wii and on my PC and was working fine until two weeks ago. I got an error code called 51330 and entered it on support.nintendo.com and folllwed the instructions accordingly. Well, I changed the channel to Nintendo's "recommended" channel/mode. Nothing. I tried a "Test Connection" on the wii menu, but it says "Cannot find a access point". Now, I never made any changes to the Internet in those two weeks except maybe downgrading Internet Explorer and getting rid of a crappy Internet filter. Other than that, didn't make any other changes. Now, what the crap is going on here??
Sometimes a router can get just bogged down and just needs a quick reset. Happens to mine sometimes. Look for a little button that usually needs to be pressed down with a pen or something.

edit:I've never used a dlink router, maybe it has some auto-update for the firmware, and the recent update made it not work with the wii?
[code]<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
<TheXPhial> vaccuums
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
<TheXPhial> black holes
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
<TheXPhial> lava?[/code]
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

yeah I would just try resetings your router maybe modem and just kind of giving your internet a "reboot" who knows, it might just help.

on a sidenote the latest Wii firmware just came out allowing the use of USB keyboards (this was already supported before but I believe it can be used on the internet channel and other places besides just the wii message board etc.)
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

So, you're suggesting to power cycle both the cable modem and the router or just resetting the router itself?
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Personally I would try both
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Okay, I reset the modem and router, and resetted the setting on the wii, had it automatically find a new access point. All seems to be working fine now. Thanks!
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

congratulations for using wireless troubleshooting 101.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

Next required course is WRLS102 - Wireless Security for N00bs.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

neo_bahamut1985 wrote:Okay, I reset the modem and router, and resetted the setting on the wii, had it automatically find a new access point. All seems to be working fine now. Thanks!
no problem man ;)

now go have some fun on your wii!
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Are you assuming I'm a noob? I hope not..It's just configuring can sometimes be a pain in the butt.