[bsnes] RFE: not grabbing the inputs all the time

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

belegdol
Hazed

[bsnes] RFE: not grabbing the inputs all the time

Post by belegdol »

Hi byuu,
would it be possible to modify bsnes in such a way that inputs are not grabbed when the emulator window isn't focused? Current behaviour (at least under linux) is quite annoying e.g. when somebody writes you an IM and while responding to it you do random things within the emu.

Cheers.
byuu

Post by byuu »

Yes, I fixed this in the current WIP releases. You may want to wait for v0.026, as it addresses many issues from v0.025 ...

However, if you want to backport the fix, you can.

src/lib/libui_gtk_window.cpp:

Code: Select all

bool Window::focused() {
  return gtk_window_is_active(GTK_WINDOW(info.window));
}
src/ui/lui/ui_main.cpp:

Code: Select all

bool MainWindow::input_ready() {
//only allow input when main window is focused
  return focused() == true;
}
By the way, I don't mind separate topics, but you may want to go ahead and post in the stickied topic in the future. Others might not like the board cluttering up.
belegdol
Hazed

Post by belegdol »

byuu wrote:By the way, I don't mind separate topics, but you may want to go ahead and post in the stickied topic in the future. Others might not like the board cluttering up.
Well, I think it is better to have one thread per issue, especially that it makes searching a bit easier. If the practice here is having one bsnes thread, I will comply.
byuu

Post by byuu »

Well again, I don't mind either way. Up to the mods, I guess. I'm happy to help out with the RPM, and appreciate you making it :)

We have a Debian / Ubuntu repository with it now too, thanks to Derrick. Available here (along with a lot of other neat programs):
http://repository.cinnamonpirate.com/
belegdol
Hazed

Post by belegdol »

It's stalled at the review currently, but I expect that once rpmfusion is up and running, hopefully somebody will pick it up. Most of the folks are occupied with merging existing packages ATM.
blargg
Regular

Post by blargg »

Well, I think it is better to have one thread per issue, especially that it makes searching a bit easier.
That'd make sense except this section is for emulators in general, not just bsnes, so the huge bsnes thread has to do.
belegdol
Hazed

Post by belegdol »

blargg wrote:
Well, I think it is better to have one thread per issue, especially that it makes searching a bit easier.
That'd make sense except this section is for emulators in general, not just bsnes, so the huge bsnes thread has to do.
As you wish.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

yeah, it makes it harder to search, but I think just keeping it the the bsnes topic is a good idea. of course what I think ultimately doesn't matter in this instance.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
henke37
Lurker

Post by henke37 »

It's not like the forum software can't add a sub forum to this one just for bsnes.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

there IS a subforums mod to phpBB anyway

we don't have it installed
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.