Buttons responding many times while holding it

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Tiuribis

Buttons responding many times while holding it

Post by Tiuribis »

Hi guys!

So, while I was playing Donkey Kong Country, when I held the joystick correspondent button to te carachters movement, they use to do the movements as I was typing the button many times!

It's not only with DKC, it's with all games emuled by ZSNES, in other games (PC games for example) the joystick work perfectly! Even going to the joystick driver configuration, all the buttons works correctly (a red dot lights when u push the button and when u keep pushing it, the red dot keeps red until u release it)

I also noticed this problems in all the buttons of the joystick!

Well, if some1 knows how to fix it, I would be very thankful!

I'm using the last version of ZSNES 1.51

Hugs! o/
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

Goto KeyComb and delete everything.
Goto Input#, select your pad, then clear anything assigned to turbo.
Click set keys and...set your keys.
Tiuribis

Post by Tiuribis »

Thanks Kajuru, but in KeyCombs there wans't anything on it, kept clear (also pressed CLEAR)

And in Input#, there also wans'r anything on combo, so I SET it and added the joystick buttons again, after it openned a game and the problem already continues :(

Well, thanks anyway
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Would your gamepad happen to feature turbo knobs, and would they happen to be enabled ?
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Tiuribis

Post by Tiuribis »

So Grinvader, I thing so, u know, when u hold a button to make the character to run, the character will run untill u keep holding it.
But, (in DKC) the same RUN button makes the character to do an attack movement, so, instead of run, it attacks!
It's kinda a turbo button right? But, the turbo isn't enable, it's all clear, I also downloaded the older versions of ZSNES but it continues.

An interesting point is that I'm using a playstation adapted joystick in my PC, that's ok, coz some years ago I used to use it (the same joystick) and the same driver, but some days ago, when I installed the driver (the same for years ago) to use it again, the driver changed it's configuration window, but as I said, there's no problem, the joystick (red dot...) works correctly! No comand swaps.

Well, I'll try to find another driver, if I have some success, I'll let u know.

Cya guys! o/
Tiuribis

Post by Tiuribis »

Ok, PROBLEM SOLVED!

Thanks guys, the real problem was my joystick, I fixed it and it worked great.
But the turbo thing was an interesting thing! Gonna pay atention to it!

Cya guys! Thank u all!