Idea: bsnes logo contest

Archived bsnes development news, feature requests and bug reports. Forum is now located at http://board.byuu.org/
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

Illustrator is a pain, I will give it a shot later unless I'm beat to the punch, but how about making a selection in Photoshop, turning it into a path, and then exporting that to illustrator

not that that would be any better but the results may vary

materials not included, must be 18 or older to register, Hawaii and Alaska are not eligible, ingredients must be kosher, valid until 6/1/09

mail your entry to G.B. 2 Bed Garfield, Santa Ana, California

in other news, have you thought about a matching 16x16 and 32x32 icon yet for kicks
Gleasonator
Rookie

Post by Gleasonator »

gllt wrote:how about making a selection in Photoshop, turning it into a path, and then exporting that to illustrator
Good idea, but I just tried and got jagged edges.
gllt

Post by gllt »

Gleasonator wrote:
gllt wrote:how about making a selection in Photoshop, turning it into a path, and then exporting that to illustrator
Good idea, but I just tried and got jagged edges.
Are you using CS2/3/4 or a classic like Photoshop 7

I know at least CS3 has Selection > Refine Edge

EDIT; just realizing that MIGHT NOT HELP MUCH huh
Gleasonator
Rookie

Post by Gleasonator »

All CS4.

But yeah, refining the edge wouldn't help since it's already smooth edges. :P Converting a selection to a path just doesn't work that well, I guess.
gllt

Post by gllt »

CS4 is too much of a load for my CPU and I got used to CS3 after a while, though my first was Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 and I use Paint.NET for quick stuff involving transparency and crap

either way I think the convert to path has a tolerance setting, though I'm not sure if when the path is export to illustrator it would make a difference
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
funkyass wrote:Im personally opposed to visuals, I demand the logo be entirely made of tactile information!
Smell-o-vision plz.
I remember an article in Dreamcast magazine about smell-o-vision. It was so close to hitting mainstream!
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Panzer88 wrote:Dreamcast
Panzer88 wrote:mainstream
DOES NOT COMPUTE
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
gllt

Post by gllt »

grinvader wrote:
Panzer88 wrote:Dreamcross
Panzer88 wrote:thestreams
DOES NOT COMPUTE
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

reminds me of walking into like a walmart back in 99 and there was a dreamcast and a playstation on display next to each other.

This lady and her kid come up and are looking at it, and asked "so what is this" and I explained it was a new system made by sega, and she asked "so is it better?"... I looked at her, looked back at the kiosks, then back and her.

"well... yes it's a faster machine..." looked back at the kiosks, and then at her again, my head screaming "HOLY SHIT ARE YOU BLIND!"

I believe soul calibur was on display for the dreamcast and ape escape was on the playstation.

people never cease to amaze me.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Dullaron
Lurker

Post by Dullaron »

I bet they never touch those machines to find out which ones they like better.
Window Vista Home Premium 32-bit / Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz / 3.00 GB RAM / Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Indie gamer, with the power to import wrote:Dreamcast was highly underrated!
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
FirebrandX
Trooper

Post by FirebrandX »

I had a lot of fond memories of my Dreamcast. It was a fantastic system for its time, and I was very pissed off when Sega wimped out on it. I remember hooking it up to my monitor to play Code Veronica and being blown away by the visuals.
NES NTSC palette file:

http://www.firebrandx.com/downloads/fbx2pal.zip
kick
Trooper

Post by kick »

How can anyone forget Skies of Arcadia, Sonic Adventure 2, Ikaruga, Shenmue,Phantasy Star Online, playing Quake III online without lag against PC players with a 33.6/56k modem, the amazing emulators (NesterDC SE, DCgnuBoy, DreamSNES, Bleemcast), the Dream Passport browser (with its wonderful MIDI player and built-in Genesis/TurboGrafx emulators), DCPlaya (a custom script-based operating system with a media player),the marathon sessions of Chu Chu Rocket,Samba De Amigo and Bomberman Online,...
Last edited by kick on Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
[i]Have a nice kick in da nutz[/i] @~@* c//
gllt

Post by gllt »

I remember an article in this thread about a logo contest. It was so close to hitting mainstream!
frodegh

Post by frodegh »

I like the one without candy coating the most so far.

Here's another style..
Last edited by frodegh on Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

I think the logo should be a bull.

BSnes.
gllt

Post by gllt »

I though that too for a moment lol

but I think it should be a Bee, and move the color scheme to yellow/black or integrate those colors in some fashion, perhaps for the b color
frodegh

Post by frodegh »

Metatron wrote:I think the logo should be a bull.
Or a bulldog?

sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

go zags
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbvi ... ng-poo.jpg

someone had to.

(mod note: at least don't inline if you have to post such childish things.)
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Metatron wrote:I think the logo should be a bull.
grab life by the horns

owai--
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

Panzer88 wrote: (mod note: at least don't inline if you have to post such childish things.)
alright alright, no offense to anyone, I wasn't the one who brought up the bull shit, anywho, great stuff guys.
Gleasonator
Rookie

Post by Gleasonator »

frodegh wrote:I like the one without candy coating the most so far.
Alright then, guys. Here are my final two images, unless somebody can come up with a mind-changing suggestion.

Flat:

Gloss:
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

Hmm, bsnes = snes emulator. Saying bsnes emulator is like saying Bob eater instead of Bob the eater or eater Bob.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Gleasonator, can you fix the top of the b? the top of the curve is thinner then the left/right of it making it appear disjointed.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64