Wacom tablet on the menu

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Gleasonator
Rookie

Wacom tablet on the menu

Post by Gleasonator »

This isn't quite a "controller issue", but this seemed like the best forum to address this, as it deals with input.

Using a Wacom tablet, moving my pen just a tenth of a millimeter and the mouse on ZSNES will fly across the window. It's to the point where I have to either plug in a standard mouse or just alt+F4.

Anyone know what may be causing this/how to fix it? In case you don't know about Wacom tablets, it's not a "pick up and drag" sort of thing like a mouse. Rather than dragging the pen, picking it up and moving it back and dragging again (as you would do with a mouse), each point on the tablet corresponds to an area on the screen, and I predict that this may have some bearing on this issue.

Thanks for any information.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

are you running zsnes at a lower resolution?

that's the only think coming to mind, but i'm not savvy on the topic
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: Wacom tablet on the menu

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

No clue at all. But you know the menu can be navigated totally by keyboard, right?

At least, I THINK all the dialogs are keyboard-friendly now.
Gleasonator
Rookie

Post by Gleasonator »

This happens regardless of resolution. Navigating via keyboard works, but is a pain. :P
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

I believe you can turn the sensitivity down in the config file. It wont exactly be a smooth transition from background to zsnes, but zsnes was never intended as far as I know, to be controlled like that. zsnes has a similar issue with my mouse. It's a logitech G5. On the middle sensitivity setting it flies like crazy on zsnes. I have to turn it down to reliably click things.
Gleasonator
Rookie

Post by Gleasonator »

paulguy wrote:I believe you can turn the sensitivity down in the config file. It wont exactly be a smooth transition from background to zsnes, but zsnes was never intended as far as I know, to be controlled like that. zsnes has a similar issue with my mouse. It's a logitech G5. On the middle sensitivity setting it flies like crazy on zsnes. I have to turn it down to reliably click things.
Thanks a ton, after setting it to 75 I was able to get an acceptable result. That did the trick. :)