Latest version of ZSNES, get it here. (WIP)

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Latest version of ZSNES, get it here. (WIP)

Post by Nach »

Here you go: http://ipherswipsite.com/

There you can download the Work In Progress version of ZSNES.
It is a compilation for DOS and Windows users of what developers like pagefault and I have been putting into CVS. Many thanks to ipher for compiling and hosting these.

If you are on a different platform, compile CVS yourself, you can get it at http://www.sf.net/projects/zsnes

The WIPs are signifigantly improved over v1.36

Some exciting recent enhancements include (but not limited to) DSP-2 support (Dungeon Master), Seta 10 support (F1 ROC 2), and Sufami Turbo support (~15 games).
Last edited by Nach on Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by HalfShadow »

Why is it that the windowed 800x600 DS video mode is actually more full-screen than the supposed full-screen mode?
NoS Sr50
Rookie

Post by NoS Sr50 »

Can you update the link on the home page
[b]Contact[/b]

[AIM] NOS SR50
[EMAIL] nossr50@gmail.com
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

OK, dumb question... :oops:

Is there a way to download the entire CVS package in one zip file, or do you have to download each file separately?
PGN-X
Rookie

Post by PGN-X »

ok i just downloaded the ZSNES WIP and wtf!? its all purple-e-pink and theres 2 of everything, the mouse dont move and its stuffed...Is this just me or is it gayed for everybody?
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Update your video card drivers. You could also try changing your video mode till you find something compatible.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.
ZSNES Developer

Post by ipher »

first WIP since the new message board :)

August 03 WIP is now available @ ipher's WIP site

Whats New

Prevented hitting of set keys if controller is set to none. [Nach]
Locked setting of individual keys if no controller selected. [Nach]
Fixed some lines of the screen with HQ filters. [MaxSt]

-ipher
[url=http://www.ipherswipsite.com]ipher's WIP Site[/url]
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Has anyone tested controllers 1-4 to see how it works for you now?

Post by Clements »

I noticed that the borders are now gone with the DS modes. Thanks, I hope that was intended.
MaxSt
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by MaxSt »

Clements wrote:I noticed that the borders are now gone with the DS modes. Thanks, I hope that was intended.
Yes, it was intended. That "nicer scanlines" code of darkfalz isn't removed, but somewhat restricted. It's only active in 2 modes now: "640x480 DS FULL" and "1280x960 DS FULL", and only when scanlines are on.

And while I'm on it - since the previous WIP (was it 7/17?), it's possible to use a keyboard to browse the list of video modes.

MaxSt.
joe_devore
Regular

Zsnes 1.4???

Post by joe_devore »

What happened to the soposed Next official Release
of ZSNES 1.4???

They should have had it out by now.
But then the Forum was Hacked and Crashed.

PLUS

Is this the post where All new versions will be discussed?
or will a new post be started
under the
"Bug Reports/Feature Requests" section
or
"Development" section

Zsnes needs a central post where where new release info can go.
Thanks.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

If you really must know, 1.40 is still in the works. Like with all projects, it needs time. Just let it be for now and wait.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
joe_devore
Regular

Post by joe_devore »

Has any thing been said yet about adding SDD-1 support for ZSNES yet?
For Star Ocean.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

It will be added in 1.40. Hold your horses dude.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
ieremiou
Rookie

Post by ieremiou »

Oy, I already asked about this when the forums came back online. If you want to know more see my thread.

Anyways, of course it'll take time to make sure things are all ironed out before a official end all of all finals? (nah) Nach had already said he had taken some time away from working on it because why spend all your life coding and never take care of the rest of your life eh?

Thanks to all the original developers and continuers, contributors, and congratulators. :) :P.
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

Hey, didn't Nach add an option for 96000hz sound or something like that? Or was that just a joke (someone requested it constantly IIRC)? I don't see it in the latest WIP.
ieremiou
Rookie

Post by ieremiou »

Lol, that was a joke edit. Because 96000hz would not improve the sound any one bit lol. It was done to make fun of the guy would originally asked for it. I forget who he was though.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

It was a joke, it was a constant request from a guy named tedius zarakurando (Or something like that) his sig was: "I like Final Fantasies and hate anti videogames religious people" Well, not exactly like that, but you can get the picture.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

ieremiou wrote:Lol, that was a joke edit. Because 96000hz would not improve the sound any one bit lol. It was done to make fun of the guy would originally asked for it. I forget who he was though.
That was Tedius Zanarukando. He also went to great lengths trying to explain why a 96kHz option would be so cool.
Last edited by Agozer on Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Oblivion
What?

Post by Oblivion »

Agozer wrote:
ieremiou wrote:Lol, that was a joke edit. Because 96000hz would not improve the sound any one bit lol. It was done to make fun of the guy would originally asked for it. I forget who he was though.
That was Tedius Zanarukando. He also went to great lenghts trying to expalin why a 96kHz option would be so cool.
He failed to convince anyone other than himself, I hope.
Everything I say is a lie.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Oblivion wrote:
Agozer wrote:
That was Tedius Zanarukando. He also went to great lenghts trying to expalin why a 96kHz option would be so cool.
He failed to convince anyone other than himself, I hope.
He didn't convince nobody. Everyone explained it very clearly to him that it made no difference, but he kept on saying it would.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
PFUNK
Rookie

Post by PFUNK »

And then Nach totally made a special version of ZSNES with 96000hz added to the sound configuration... But Tedius could have it only if he donated money to ZSNES...
Oblivion
What?

Post by Oblivion »

pumpkinhead wrote:And then Nach totally made a special version of ZSNES with 96000hz added to the sound configuration... But Tedius could have it only if he donated money to ZSNES...
Did we ever figure out why he was laughing? For reference, it was something like, "A possible donation and a laugh, nah it's not a waste of my time."
Everything I say is a lie.
joe_devore
Regular

Post by joe_devore »

ieremiou wrote:Oy, I already asked about this when the forums came back online. If you want to know more see my thread.

Anyways, of course it'll take time to make sure things are all ironed out before a official end all of all finals? (nah) Nach had already said he had taken some time away from working on it because why spend all your life coding and never take care of the rest of your life eh?

Thanks to all the original developers and continuers, contributors, and congratulators. :) :P.
Ok, thanks for the info.

Question:
Should the Topic of the Next ZSNES be disscused here only or should this post be included as well
Status of RTP of ZSNES 1.4? [DNF]
At least untill 1.4 is released and then it can remain here Forever.

There should be ONE post here in:
"Bug Reports/Feature Requests" section
That disscuses What Enhancements are being considered for Implementing.

AND

One Post Here in: "Development" section.
That All work for a New Release in Progress be disscused.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

I have a special edition of ZSNES with 96000Hz support, but if you want to know why I'm laughing, you'll have to convince me to give it to you ;)

Your only hint can be found here: http://advancemame.sf.net