ntsc pal problem

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Skidrow

ntsc pal problem

Post by Skidrow »

If i start a german ROM with pal "force PAL" it runs slower than "ntsc". So, i run all roms with "force ntsc", but some german roms need PAL, otherwise the "this game pack is not designed bla" screen appears. Is there a possibility, to start so one german rom with NTSC, or with 60 Hz?

Thanks and sorry about my bad english :)
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Re: ntsc pal problem

Post by Agozer »

Skidrow wrote:Is there a possibility, to start so one german rom with NTSC, or with 60 Hz?

I don't think there is, you'd have to patch the rom image itself to get something like that (e.g. The 60Hz patch for Terranigma). Besides, forcing NTSC in PAL games and vice versa usually breaks things or gives the kind of messages you got.

Why would you get PAL games anyway?

EDIT: Oh right, you must be german. If you really want german games, just stick with PAL50, like they were designed.
Last edited by Agozer on Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Skidrow

Post by Skidrow »

Actually i want to play terranigma in german, but 60 Hz. Where can i get a 60 hz patch for this one?

Thanks for your help!!!
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

This worked out pretty well.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Stomping Nitrofish wrote:This worked out pretty well.
Yes, it did. No flaming whatsoever.
Skidrow

Post by Skidrow »

Yes it works really great! big thanks!!!!!! :)
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Skidrow wrote:Yes it works really great! big thanks!!!!!! :)
Ok then. have fun.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

To get past the warning screen, you can always start the game in PAL mode, make a savestate right after starting, then reload and switch to NTSC, and load the savestate. Works like a charm, and no patches.

Thing is, switching regions will speed up the gameplay and animations, but the sound will stay at the same speed. This can cause desynchronisation.

What you can also do is enable vsync and triple buffering and all that, then use -6 and leave auto framerate off (and put the framerate to 0). NTSC games will run like usual, but PAL games will run at 60 hz without having to manually force them to do so. Problem though, the sound will speed up as well in this case....and sped up music is a lot more noticable than sped up gameplay. However, this will let you play any PAL game in 60 hz without any glitches whatsoever.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Agozer wrote:
Skidrow wrote:Is there a possibility, to start so one german rom with NTSC, or with 60 Hz?

I don't think there is, you'd have to patch the rom image itself to get something like that (e.g. The 60Hz patch for Terranigma). Besides, forcing NTSC in PAL games and vice versa usually breaks things or gives the kind of messages you got.
Nope. At the time, most eruopean ports wer NTSC code that just ran slower.

The error messages are region protection above and beyond the lockout chips(which were easily bypassed).