Delay srm write from zst

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

foxyshadis

Delay srm write from zst

Post by foxyshadis »

Not a bug, but a request to alter a new feature. Is it possible to change the way that save state .srms get loaded? Just now I lost several hours of gameplay by accidentally loading in a save state that overwrote all of my new saves, since I thought I'd left off with a state. Would it be possible to not overwrite the old save until the game tries to, or be able to swap saves, or something like that? Or what else would be a good solution?
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

In the latest WIP, there is a "Load Savestate with SRAM" in the Config-->Saves menu. This option should probably be disabled by default if it isn't already.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Several games requires it to be on for states to work properly - so it has to be ON by default, or many many people will complain.
Besides zsnes is the only emulator I know that allows srm not to be systematically overwritten through an option, so USE IT.

As in, ''you can only blame yourself".
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
foxyshadis

Post by foxyshadis »

I'm cool with the setting, I've always wanted something like it, I'm just used to being able to swap states with no chance of messing saves up.

I guess I'll just have to be more careful in the future, then, or get a journaling FS.