hey there im totally lost and a n00b help plz

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

shipy

hey there im totally lost and a n00b help plz

Post by shipy »

yeah im really new at emulators and i probally sound like an idiot but wtf.

i downloaded zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) and donkey kong.
well i followed the instructions and extraced the files into a similar folder

all goes well i open zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) and then load donkey kong, then all i get is just the intro movie of the game over and over and over again. i can't actuall play the game now i don't know if i have misunderstood this whole emulator thing or i'm just an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing

so tell me is it supposed to do this or?
please help
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Provided that you have configured your controls in Config --> Input#1, you could, you know, try pushing the Start button.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Post NSRT output

or rominfo.txt output

rominfo.txt should be a textfile located in your zsnes directory

NSRT is here: http://nsrt.edgeemu.com read the docs and post back.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Jipcy
Veteran

Re: hey there im totally lost and a n00b help plz

Post by Jipcy »

shipy wrote:zsnes (btw i have beans for brains)
Also, you are using a program called ZSNES, because it is an emulator for the SNES game console. Not Z-N-E-S, which doesn't exist.
[url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net]Official ZSNES Docs[/url] | [url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net/nsrt]NSRT Guide[/url] | [url=http://endoftransmission.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=394]Using a Wiimote w/ emulators[/url]
Starman Ghost
Trooper

Post by Starman Ghost »

Can someone please explain to me why the fuck people don't know the name of the fucking emulator they are using???????
[code]<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
<TheXPhial> vaccuums
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
<TheXPhial> black holes
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
<TheXPhial> lava?[/code]
PFUNK
Rookie

Post by PFUNK »

In all seriousness, most people who have misspelled ZSNES (or any emulator for that matter) in posts such as the originating one are usually people giddy at the thought of old (nostalgic) video game emulation on their computer (through which they can play "games"). The name of the program itself isn't as important upon this revelation. Think of it from their point of view (especially if they're young).

I still think the filter is warranted of course.
I'm hot for you and you're hot for me ooka dooka dicka dee.
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

Saying "zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator)" is a common mistake. It just sounds more natural than "ZSNES", that's all.

As for the original poster, I think the Enter/Return key on your keyboard is the default for start, so press it.

And before you ask what the other keys are, look in the Config-->Input #1 menu.
The Sage Of Time
Hazed

Post by The Sage Of Time »

xamenus wrote:Saying "zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator)" is a common mistake. It just sounds more natural than "ZSNES", that's all.
It does? How so?
The Z isn't meant to be a cute twist on the S of "SNES." It has an entirely different meaning, and as such is an extension to the SNES name. Thus there is "ZSNES."
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Since when do you need to learn how to press the start button to start the game ffs

God I hope you're not older than 5 and can't read yet.

OH WAIT
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

grinvader wrote:Since when do you need to learn how to press the start button to start the game ffs
And now that makes four...

(although it's the first time I've seen it for this game)
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.