Bionic Commando Rearmed

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Demios
"Flametongue"

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Post by Demios »

I swear if you have a ps3 or 360 and it is available to purchase and you don't own it, I am coming over to your fucking house and kicking your ass until you buy the fucking game. i don't give a damn if you like the game or not. Yes, I love it, and I think the music painfully retro delicious! That of course means I expect you all to buy the damn soundtrack too.

http://www.bioniccommando.com/en/pages/BCR_Movies
[img]http://demios.whattheboat.com/userbar/random.jpeg[/img]
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

did you buy braid?
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Demios
"Flametongue"

Post by Demios »

It's not available for PC.
[img]http://demios.whattheboat.com/userbar/random.jpeg[/img]
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

ah, right.

i'll probably grab the demo and give it a go. i'm trying to restrain my small purchases a bit. i make a lot of small purchases.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

i never bought this, but i definitely respect what they did.

but i do have the soundtrack

*double postex
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

So I played the demo, and thought it sucked balls. Thoughts?
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Which part of the demo sucked balls?
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

snkcube wrote:Which part of the demo sucked balls?
Presumably the part where RoboHitler wasn't wearing pants?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

What part of a lack of pants isn't good ?
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Cyborg wang?
doktor_kris
Lurker

Post by doktor_kris »

Make it Hitler cyborg wang and you can't go wrong.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Anyone started playing this yet? What do you think?
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by h4tred »

Yes, I have the full version of this game.

Its quite a nice platform game at least. The graphics are okay, it doesn't exploit PhysX based physics enough, and the soundtrack rox. Thats basically the gist.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

I'm still waiting for the dam PSN card!
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

It's "damn", damn it!
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

o hai nash
I bring the trouble.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

h4tred wrote:
Yes, I have the full version of this game.
I do too.

The new bosses are quite interesting. The new weapons and the way they work is really nice. Tried the bazooka yet? Practically everything about the game is way better.

It really only have two downsides. The controls aren't as smooth as they were on the Gameboy games they put out, and the method to hacking the enemy communication is really annoying. At first, I had no idea what I was looking at, a friend of was able to figure it out and told me what I had to do, but even then, it's hard to see what to do.

As for the better sound, I have the soundtracks too, quite nice.

BTW, does the game ever crash on you? It keeps crashing on me during one of the challenge simulations.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by h4tred »

I do too.
Heck, I should chat to you more often on IRC, when I get the chance... :D
The new bosses are quite interesting. The new weapons and the way they work is really nice. Tried the bazooka yet? Practically everything about the game is way better.
Not yet, I mainly just like the grenades, they are enough for me. :P Nothing like throwing them in the isometric 3D areas and seeing bodies fly.....
BTW, does the game ever crash on you? It keeps crashing on me during one of the challenge simulations.
No, it doesn't crash for me. Though I am using a scene release of the game, and with it brings slowdowns every so often, but I bet that's due to a bad SecuROM PA crack with paul.dll. :roll:
and the method to hacking the enemy communication is really annoying. At first, I had no idea what I was looking at, a friend of was able to figure it out and told me what I had to do, but even then, it's hard to see what to do.
Yeah, it can be tedious sometimes. The main goal however is to move your ball into a green teleporter-thingie. You use your arrow keys to aim where your ball goes. Its sorta like a 3D Sokaban puzzle.

Sorry if my explanation is not good enough...:(
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

h4tred wrote:
I do too.
Heck, I should chat to you more often on IRC, when I get the chance... :D
Yep.
h4tred wrote:
Not yet, I mainly just like the grenades, they are enough for me. :P Nothing like throwing them in the isometric 3D areas and seeing bodies fly.....
I like the grenades too, but the best part about them is that you can use them to attack enemies on the platform below you quite easily. It also kills McPhelon in like 3 shots.
h4tred wrote:
No, it doesn't crash for me. Though I am using a scene release of the game, and with it brings slowdowns every so often, but I bet that's due to a bad SecuROM PA crack with paul.dll. :roll:
Well, it only crashes during one of the simulation sections, nowhere else yet that I've seen. Although if the game plays better with a crack, that'd be something.
h4tred wrote:
and the method to hacking the enemy communication is really annoying. At first, I had no idea what I was looking at, a friend of was able to figure it out and told me what I had to do, but even then, it's hard to see what to do.
Yeah, it can be tedious sometimes. The main goal however is to move your ball into a green teleporter-thingie. You use your arrow keys to aim where your ball goes. Its sorta like a 3D Sokaban puzzle.

Sorry if my explanation is not good enough...:(
Well, I figured out how to do it, it's just I have a hard time seeing where to go. I wish they picked some sort of puzzle which wasn't visually as insane. Anything from "Qwirk" would be better.

Post by Neo Kaiser »

snkcube wrote:It's "damn", damn it!
It was a typo of course!

Anyway you people are very lucky.........
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

So I'm on the last level, and it keeps crashing in the electricity section :(
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Anyways, I ripped apart the data bundle included with the game, and I think I was ready to hit the floor.

The game is entirely data driven, everything is externalized in *OPEN* formats.

Got the music, sound effects, textures, text, game scripts, levels, boss, AI, images, layout, game logic, and everything. Even the in game menus are available in XML.

This means two very interesting things. You can make your own levels and enemies and stuff and stick them in the game if you were willing to do the work. Oh and did I mention their level editor is also included? I wonder why they left that in.

The other good point in this, is that we can reverse engineer the game engine, so we can make it more light weight or port it to other platforms, and still easily use all the original game data quite easily.

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

Wow, that's awesome. Is this something you're thinking of doing yourself, or is it just a general idea?
I bring the trouble.
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

The other good point in this, is that we can reverse engineer the game engine, so we can make it more light weight or port it to other platforms, and still easily use all the original game data quite easily.
The bad point is, we need to unpack the Securom wrapped EXE. And Securom in cases, can be a whirlwind of pain. For instance, Securom puts CRC checks all through the EXE as well as using a virtual machine.

Its digitally signed and wrapped using Securom 7.37.0014 and uses Securom PA 1.1.2.1. My scene release only targets paul.dll which isn't code signed, and this DLL contains the activation routines.

And yes, I now have the rocket launcher. I agree with you: it reeks of pure win =D.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

DancemasterGlenn wrote:Wow, that's awesome. Is this something you're thinking of doing yourself, or is it just a general idea?
Just pointing out it's possible. Maybe if I wanted to learn LUA I'd play with the level editor a bit to do my own thing.
h4tred wrote:
The bad point is, we need to unpack the Securom wrapped EXE. And Securom in cases, can be a whirlwind of pain. For instance, Securom puts CRC checks all through the EXE as well as using a virtual machine.
To make our own engine, we wouldn't have to crack it at all. Although it should be cracked, just so it the system requirements can be lowered without the VM, run it in WINE, and so it can be hacked to make it read its data from a directory or a tar or zip file or something, instead of the bundle format they use.
h4tred wrote: And yes, I now have the rocket launcher. I agree with you: it reeks of pure win =D.
:D
Did you upgrade your arm yet?

This game is really a lot of fun. I'm now trying to get some medals and yasichis have 6 and 8 respectively so far.