How is zsKnight doing?

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

onigami

How is zsKnight doing?

Post by onigami »

I know he is never going to come back, but I'm kind of wondering what zsKnight has been up to and how he has been handling things. It's been a few years since he left, so I'm just curious if anyone knows how he's doing.
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

That's strange that you posted that; I was just wondering about him maybe 2 days ago.
bringing Zsnes back
Mexandrew
Taco Kid DX

Post by Mexandrew »

I am also curious about that, but I haven't posted about it. I hope he signs up to say hello. That would be great.
B R O K E N .
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

mexandrew wrote:I am also curious about that, but I haven't posted about it. I hope he signs up to say hello. That would be great.
That would be awesome.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
ThunderClaw
I know where you live.

Post by ThunderClaw »

Folks, it's fairly simple all around: his dad died, he needed to move on. Just let the man rest. Posting updates on his condition would take at most 10 minutes every month; this is not a matter of not being able to, it's a matter of not wanting to. He's moved on with his life, and quite frankly, it's nobody's business as to why or where he is. I really don't mean any insult to anyone here, but seriously, have some consideration.
FireKnight:I'm pretty sure a 1KG 24k gold brick costs less than that.

phonymike: well the same amount of raw metals used in a car costs a fraction of the price of a new car idiot. I'm gonna take away your posting privileges and replace them with my balls on your chin.

I smell spray paint.
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Didn't someone say he now works for a Canadian game company?
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

I wish him the best in whatever he is doing. His programme has brought me a lot of enjoyment.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Noxious Ninja wrote:Didn't someone say he now works for a Canadian game company?
Yeah, I remember the same thing.
Last edited by Agozer on Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

ThunderClaw wrote:Folks, it's fairly simple all around: his dad died, he needed to move on. Just let the man rest. Posting updates on his condition would take at most 10 minutes every month; this is not a matter of not being able to, it's a matter of not wanting to. He's moved on with his life, and quite frankly, it's nobody's business as to why or where he is. I really don't mean any insult to anyone here, but seriously, have some consideration.
I fail to see how "wondering how he's doing" appears inconsiderate to you. It's not like anybody is demanding him to come lay out his life's story before us every month like you seem to imply. Nobody is expecting anything.

I'm not, anyway.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
Silensho
Eternal Witness

Post by Silensho »

ThunderClaw wrote:Folks, it's fairly simple all around: his dad died, he needed to move on. Just let the man rest. Posting updates on his condition would take at most 10 minutes every month; this is not a matter of not being able to, it's a matter of not wanting to. He's moved on with his life, and quite frankly, it's nobody's business as to why or where he is. I really don't mean any insult to anyone here, but seriously, have some consideration.
We (I wonder about his state too) mean no harm. It's understandable that he wanted to leave. We only wanted to know how he was doing, if possible. We're not going to stalk him and send him tons of spam flaming him for not continuing the project.

Wouldn't you feell warm and fuzzy inside if you knew you were asked for in a place you used to hang out in, that people felt nostalgic about your former presence and asked once in a while about how life is going for you?
What?
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Last I heard he was working in Vancouver, possibly for EA.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
onigami

Post by onigami »

Evan wrote:Last I heard he was working in Vancouver, possibly for EA.
If that were true, then God help him. And I'm an agnostic.

/has been reading some of the horror stories about employment at EA

Honestly, my intentions were simply a sentence or two describing whether he's OK or not. I wasn't asking for a life story. I mean, it's really unneccessary to really bring him back to the limelight by going that far. But, so be it. Moving on...
ReRuss
Trooper

Post by ReRuss »

Hmm , if I knew his name I could tell ya what co. he worked for in Canada , I know I do a lot of work at home and go to Kansas every month to turn in my work , every so often I goto NY , CA , UK , or Japan. It's kinda hard to find people to look after animals , so I work from home as much as I can.

But he did make a lot of people happy with ZSNES , just can't expect him to stay on forever.

But ya I too wonder how he is doin.
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ReRuss/UBAR.gif[/img]
360 and PS3 - ReRuss
ThunderClaw
I know where you live.

Post by ThunderClaw »

blackmyst wrote:Nobody is expecting anything.
Everyone who posted in this topic is expecting a reply on one degree or another, and, like I said before, ain't a single person here who's entitled to it. The long and the short of the situation is that the ZSNES project and community isn't a part of his life anymore. So bug out, basically.
Sho wrote:Wouldn't you feell warm and fuzzy inside if you knew you were asked for in a place you used to hang out in, that people felt nostalgic about your former presence and asked once in a while about how life is going for you?
Been there; it wasn't warm and fuzzy, it was bothered and burdened. You leave places for a reason when it's for good, pure and simple. I'll say it again, if zsKnight was interested in staying a part of the community, he'd sign on once every month or so, it really doesn't take much effort.

So I say it again, folks: let the man rest.
FireKnight:I'm pretty sure a 1KG 24k gold brick costs less than that.

phonymike: well the same amount of raw metals used in a car costs a fraction of the price of a new car idiot. I'm gonna take away your posting privileges and replace them with my balls on your chin.

I smell spray paint.