Saves deleted

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

NightWing

Saves deleted

Post by NightWing »

I've only had zsnes for a couple of days, but I kinda ran into a problem. I've been playing some games almost non stop since I got zsnes, and have just found that all my saves were delted since I played last (about three hours ago) please help.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Have you deleted any file in the folder were you keep your roms?
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Um.. it would be helpful which games you are referring to..

It is best you run those ROMs through NSRT.. because more likely than not, you may be obtained bad ROM dumps (which may or may not have trainers) that cause problems with saving.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

Hmm, I think he was abusing savestates, and then loaded up an earlier savestate.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Well I did have a problem with 2 of my roms automatically being deleted when I played, Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3. I'm just speculating, but mabye it had something to do with changing the roms' icons from program type to readable type. I somehow did this while trying to load the game through the "right click open commands" instead of loading through zsnes. That's all I can remember doing to mabye changing my SRM save files.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Mark57Raider wrote:Well I did have a problem with 2 of my roms automatically being deleted when I played, Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3. I'm just speculating, but mabye it had something to do with changing the roms' icons from program type to readable type. I somehow did this while trying to load the game through the "right click open commands" instead of loading through zsnes. That's all I can remember doing to mabye changing my SRM save files.
What you are doing are probably causing problems... you need to be using ZSNES and loading the files... other methods cause problems. Please elaborate on those SRM save files.. those files keep the saves you are talking about. Deleting, moving, and/or renaming them will cause you to "lose" said save games. You are not supposed to load SRM files directly anyways.. just the ROM files.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

yep.... that's probably what i did.
NightWing

Post by NightWing »

well, it looks like the problem fixed itself, cuz they're back. I can't think of anything I did differently, but thanks for the help anyway
Jesco

Final Fantasy 6 Saved game?

Post by Jesco »

Anybody had this problem?

I have a .srm save file for this game. But when i reset the game, it won't shom me my saved files to choose from. (ex in Super metroid when you start over you can pick the saved game slot you wish to continue)
pls help
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

Do you mean that you downloaded the .srm files or something, ot was it generated by ZSNES. If you got it elsewhere, make sure that it has the same name as your rom, eg. "Metroid.SMC" and "Metroid.SRM"