Save states reverting SRM data?

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

eyebrowsoffire
Rookie

Post by eyebrowsoffire »

I'm finding that when I load a save state, it reverts to older srm data as well. Has zsnes always been this way? I thought I remembered it not reverting that before. If there has been a change, when was did it happen and is there any way to get my old srm data back?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I'm not entirely sure it has been this way (I believe it does use the sram data stored in the savestate), but until some post 1.42 WIP was when it could be toggled.

You probably can't get your old srm data back unless you have a savestate of the very data before it got overwritten. On the other hand, you could have backed it up and try that...

Loading the sram data from the savestate is relatively critical for some games that rely on said data (more than just being save game data) such as Star Ocean.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Re: Save states reverting SRM data?

Post by Nach »

eyebrowsoffire wrote:I'm finding that when I load a save state, it reverts to older srm data as well. Has zsnes always been this way? I thought I remembered it not reverting that before. If there has been a change, when was did it happen and is there any way to get my old srm data back?
You'll notice a feature was added in the saves menu to load sram from save state, if you don't like that, don't check the box.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by eyebrowsoffire »

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will un-check that box when I want to play Super Mario RPG from now on...
CrazyTeddyX

Post by CrazyTeddyX »

You know. It's like if my save data files were erased if I chose power/reset to record. I press load F4 to revert SRM data to bring back save files. 8)